Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2006 8:13:05 AM EDT
This will probably be a very short thread due to the lack of information about SW5, BW5, and dare I mention RF5 receivers in the marketplace.  It seems like you can always get a hold of JLD HK91 receivers, but the HK94 clone receivers are extremely rare.  

I really want to purchase an MP5 kit from POF-USA and a receiver in order to build an HK PDW pistol myself.  I have been looking at the BW89 pistol with interest, but it is pretty expensive.  I would like to save some money and get exactly what I want by building the pistol myself.  My preference is for the plastic SEF lower that the POF-USA kit comes with.

Any information or advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 10:22:28 AM EDT
[#1]
As I am in the middle of my SP89 clone, I can say that it is a fun project.  While it is frustrating looking for parts..  it is a project I will not soon forget.

Good luck..

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:09:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Where did you find a receiver?  Still looking?
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:59:52 AM EDT
[#3]
pm sent
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:44:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I knew this would be a short thread...

I guess the only option for a person that wants an MP5K-like pistol is to purchase a BW89 from AtlanticFirearms.com for $1400.  I just wish their layaway terms were a little better.  45 days doesn't seem long enough.   Oh well...  Maybe when I get promoted...
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 7:31:20 AM EDT
[#5]
SW or Top Notch sells the recievers for around $300. They are the only game in town when it comes to clone MP5 or MP5K recievers.

See these guys: www.top-notchparts.com
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Would the receiver they sell work for an MP5K clone build?  I guess the main difference is the barrel length and furniture, right?  

Top Notch Receiver

So this receiver plus a kit from POF-USA would be all I need to build the SP89 clone I have been dreaming about?  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:08:47 PM EDT
[#7]
no, a MP5K clone, needs the shorter cocking tube to be welded on...  it's a lot of work, fitting and pressing the barrel & trunion in... and aligning up everything, welding... etc.  might be worth sending it out to a pro.

Quoted:
Would the receiver they sell work for an MP5K clone build?  I guess the main difference is the barrel length and furniture, right?  

Top Notch Receiver

So this receiver plus a kit from POF-USA would be all I need to build the SP89 clone I have been dreaming about?  

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:31:15 PM EDT
[#8]
different cocking tube, cocking handle support, barrel, front grip, lower grip frame, bolt carrier, locking piece, and recoil rod.

You will also need to find an end cap.

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]
What if you start from a complete BW89?
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

That is not a bad way to go about it. I have known a few that have done exactly that. TN does offer the SW5K size recievers for sale as well as the SW5 style.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:56:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info.  Now I need to try to secure some funds for this project...

Might take a while even though they are on sale at Atlantic for $1379.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:57:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

this is my BW89-SP so far, I am in the process of trying to get it AOW registered, so I can put the K-Grip on the front, and after tax season, I plan on looing for a Gemtech Can for it.

Currently has a German MP5K SEF lower (clipped and pinned to look real) and a German HK tri-lug falsh hider on it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top