User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/6/2006 6:47:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:05:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the heads-up, mmk.

I just spoke with Ed @ Centerfire, and he said they have two grades of stocks, A & B. They also have some with the '1st Gen' style concave butt pad. He said the 'A' stocks are in "near new" condition with very little wear.

I placed an order for an 'A' grade, we'll see.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I just ordered a grade "A" also, great price.  Thanks MMK!!  Also thanks to Osprey for the info on the two different grades.  I called once and got a salesperson who had no idea what I was talking about on the two grades, so I called back and asked for Ed and he gave me the straight-up on the different grades/styles.  ARKAR
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:28:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered my grade "A" also.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks madman! I was in the market and you can't beat $140
Thanks again!

I asked about the "A" and sayed they are all the same, VG condition
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#5]
do they have the mini buffer in them?
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:17:41 AM EDT
[#6]
No kidding, thats the best price ever. I'm sorry I already have one.

Get'em quick kids . They won't last long at that price.

Maybe this influx of  G3 surplus will loosen up some more goodies.... like less expensive 22lr conversions units and bayo's.

JR
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:57:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
do they have the mini buffer in them?

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
You guys beat me to it.  I ordered one and came here to let you guys know about it, but found this thread already started.  This sure beats POF-USA.  I have been trying to buy one of their stocks for a few months now, but they are backordered.  Hopefully these don't suck.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
this seems like a good price(seen em for $80 elseware) for a HK91 bayo, new
http://www.e-gunparts.com/DisplayAd.asp?chrProductSKU=730690&chrSuperSKU=&MC=

they do not have the adapters though, I asked when I ordered some stuff.

Quoted:
No kidding, thats the best price ever. I'm sorry I already have one.

Get'em quick kids . They won't last long at that price.

Maybe this influx of  G3 surplus will loosen up some more goodies.... like less expensive 22lr conversions units and bayo's.

JR

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:57:25 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
this seems like a good price(seen em for $80 elseware) for a HK91 bayo

That's a smokin' price for an Eickhorn.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:30:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought it was(maybe I need another ;) 1st time I ordered anything from them, seem like a real good outfit, the gal was super nice, said it was brand new. Also had the p9 buffers in stock for $19 and the SP89 forends for $49......seems like fair prices on stuff I needed

anyone have an adapter laying around? I know RTG has em and a few other places.

John

Quoted:

Quoted:
this seems like a good price(seen em for $80 elseware) for a HK91 bayo

That's a smokin' price for an Eickhorn.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:37:34 PM EDT
[#12]
just called and ordered up a A3 stock, I got the A style(which is the clubfoot, I have the curved already) Ed was out, but Donna knew what was up..........she said these were a VERY popular item today........sweetie :D  
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
just a heads up for those who maybe looking for one. $139.97. mmk  www.centerfiresystems.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CSI&Product_Code=HKSTOCK-COL&Category_Code=SA

You are THE MAN! Thanks
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:14:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for the info. I live twenty minutes away from Centerfire and drove there this afternoon to pick one of these stocks up. Hot item! As of 4:30 today they only had around 100 remaining. The gentleman that I talked to said that they had sold sixty or more this afternoon. The "B" grade is the older model with the concave butt cap, and the one that I chose. The "A" grade example that I saw looked 100% new. The "B" grade has a great deal of finish wear on the two examples that I saw, and the salesman said most were like that. Upon installing it on my new PTR 91, I immediatley caused two long scratches to the finish inside of the channel that the rails ride in. Is this normal? I also noticed that the left rail forward of the two notches that lock the stock into the extended position has a slight outward bend. I'm hoping that this can be corrected with the judicious use of a vice.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:28:00 PM EDT
[#15]
well, I hope there are some left in the morning....
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
These will NOT work on a 94 right?

Correct, these will NOT work on an HK94!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:15:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:12:45 AM EDT
[#20]
I am lost, can someone post a pic of the difference between the A and B...  I am having a hard time picturing which one the A is...
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:32:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I am lost, can someone post a pic of the difference between the A and B...  I am having a hard time picturing which one the A is...

Top one is the 'B'

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:38:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
If I SBR the V51 pistol that I have coming in, will these stocks just go right on without any mods?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#24]
My stock arrives on Thursday.  Awesome.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:38:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If I SBR the V51 pistol that I have coming in, will these stocks just go right on without any mods?

No, it would have to be modified to accomdate the shortened bolt carrier. Vector is using a 'telescoping' recoil rod on the stocks they modify.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:29:32 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, it would have to be modified to accomdate the shortened bolt carrier. Vector is using a 'telescoping' recoil rod on the stocks they modify.

www.sig-550.com/guns/DSC01973.JPG

They sold out but have 300 more coming in a week from now.  I placed an order and asked for the old style concave one.  They said that it was purely random that any old style ones had been shipped to them in the last batch.  Hopefully they'll get some in with the next batch.  I'm having it shipped directly to Vector for the mods.  Its $154.46 shipped to them plus $60 for the mods from Vector plus shipping back vs. $240 plus shipping if I order directly through Vector.  So I guess I save about $25 doing it this way.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#27]
If they were selling 93/33/53 stocks, I would have bought 2-3 by now...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 1:29:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Ive always wondered where the heck stuff like this comes from
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:11:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Ive always wondered where the heck stuff like this comes from

Me too!  I wonder what else "they" have there.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:07:17 AM EDT
[#30]
I received mine yesterday and it looks great.  I cleaned, sanded, and refinished it right out of the box.  It is in great condition and has a rock solid fit.  The finish on it just didn't match my rifle.  It was sort of green like the FMP kits I have seen.  There is no way to know if it is HK as advertised because I can't find the HK logo or date code on it.  It is still a great stock and I am happy that I purchased it.  We may need pictures to show everybody else that ordered...
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 8:22:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Mine has HK 2/74 stamped on it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 10:21:37 AM EDT
[#32]
If mine has one I couldn't find it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 11:04:35 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
There is no way to know if it is HK as advertised because I can't find the HK logo or date code on it.

Even HK's Oberndorf factory didn't mark everything on military guns. The stocks I received are identical to the one pictured, a confirmed German made unit.

Link Posted: 1/12/2006 2:26:12 PM EDT
[#34]
they just received some more in stock (just got off the phone with them)
mine is coming in tomorrow
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 5:49:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I think this is the best thread i've started in 6 years.  mmk

I don't know about that, but it certainly ranks in your top 2
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 6:26:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Yea Madman, thanks for the heads up on these. Centerfire should pay you a commission! or at least Comp you a couple stocks.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#38]
$20 "handselect" fee to get the style you want. Not willing to pay the fee to get some ragged out stock. But I ordered a random one anyway.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Ouch, I could see a $5 upcharge, but $20?!  I just told 'em to send me the old concave style vs. the newer one and it was only $150 something shipped straight to Vector for mods.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 2:45:01 PM EDT
[#40]
yup, got mine today from Centerfire, would say 95%+, functions perfect. ALso no markings of any sort on it. My other curved 91 stock is marked but not with the kind of marks I have seen before. But I would say both are HK or at least HK quality regardless of saying anything on them. Killer deal for $155 IMOP.

I did notice on Certerfires site it shows a pic of HK markings on it.

and glad I ordered mine last week before the hand select charge! :)

thanks guys :)

now I am tring to do decide if I need 3 HK91's or a HK91 and HK93........

John

Quoted:

Quoted:
There is no way to know if it is HK as advertised because I can't find the HK logo or date code on it.

Even HK's Oberndorf factory didn't mark everything on military guns. The stocks I received are identical to the one pictured, a confirmed German made unit.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/4_sale/HK_Stock.jpg

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Is that what they told you.  I called this morning trying to get the older style and they said the did not have any.  It was a woman who I don't think knew what I was talking about.  I would have paid extra to get the early style.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:54:40 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Is that what they told you.  I called this morning trying to get the older style and they said the did not have any.  It was a women who I don't think knew what I was talking about.  I would have paid extra to get the early style.  

A lady there told me this morning that some of the old style had come in and she was going to ship mine out as per my request from earlier in the week about getting one of the old style stocks.  Hmmm.  Now I wonder what they shipped out for me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 6:57:14 AM EDT
[#43]
see if you can get Donna(or Ed) Donna knew what was what when I ordered mine.

Quoted:
Is that what they told you.  I called this morning trying to get the older style and they said the did not have any.  It was a woman who I don't think knew what I was talking about.  I would have paid extra to get the early style.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:37:00 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will call on Monday but they may have already shipped it.  I ordered it on Friday.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Got it in, VG condition
It had 3 code dates or some type of numbers on the bottom. Two of which were scrached out. Functions fine. Definately a good deal
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#46]
that sounds like how my curved buttstock is marked, is yours curved?

John

Quoted:

Quoted:

Got it in, VG condition
It had 3 code dates or some type of numbers on the bottom. Two of which were scrached out. Functions fine. Definately a good deal

Link Posted: 1/16/2006 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I called today and got the one that I wanted.  I will just have to return the other one or maybe I can sell it here.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#48]
mlm1219
If you get the style you don't want, I'll take if your hands if you'd like.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
mlm1219
If you get the style you don't want, I'll take if your hands if you'd like.

I will be getting both.  I will email you when I get it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Sounds good, just let me know, thanks
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top