Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:58:25 PM EDT
I found a list at  RTG but was wondering what others might also suggest for my PTR91F.

Does anyone sell kits?

TIA

Seydou
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't seen any replacement parts "kits" persay, only collections of parts the various owners thought were necessary.

FWIW.. I shoot the living crap out my HK91/G3 clone (w/sear pack) and have yet to replace ANY part but the extractor spring(s).
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:57:26 PM EDT
[#2]
w/ exception of springs, I keep spare guns, really.  murphy's law, just like on my old Harley, if I got it in my saddlebag/rangebag, it's never gonna break/be lost

If I see a part wearing, then I get another

usually I only break parts when I don't know what I'm doing,  part of learning experience, then it don't happen again

but I did buy a whole bunch from Robert...  figure never get cheaper than right now
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
specific to hk91, was told by leo friend that is armorer...

never, ever take trigger group apart... or I'd have to be calling him, he said no need

so I skipped buying spare trigger

but from mult. total disassembly, I think I'm more likely to lose small parts than break parts

so I got spare charging handle, pin, spring

and took bolt assy apart and got spare springs, rollers, pins, etc.

and got locking assy, and firing pin, cheap but important

for recoil spring--just bought green hardware, was cheap plus came w/ stock pins

but, I don't expect anything to break        especially now that I got parts
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:02:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I don't expect anything to break        especially now that I got parts

You're right, stuff never seems to break when you have the spare parts.  
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#5]
1.Magazines
2.+2 rollers,including the plate and a new roll pin.
3.Extractor and spring.
4.Firing pin and spring
5.Locking piece-also effects head spacing just like the rollers.
6.Bolt head
7.Slide out section of the entire trigger mechanism.
You can send just this section for a trigger job ,and keep it as a drop in spare.
8.Selector switch-I've seen em break.
9.Magazine catch assembly-including new roll pin.
10.+4 rollers,including plate and new roll pin.

I'm poor ,so that,s my abbreviated list.
Chances are ,that should carry you to the life span of the weapon.

Which will probably last longer than most of us,depending on how often you
heat up the barrel with constant rapid fire.

You just have to once in a while .  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:09:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the input.

Seydou
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:02:40 PM EDT
[#7]
LP,roller, firing pin spring,,locking arm,,bolt head,  ejector   or complete FCG
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:25:53 PM EDT
[#8]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#9]
It is no big deal to take apart a trigger group.  Just don't lose the parts and pay attention.  

I think the rollers wear to cause excessive head space and have heard they can be replaced to restore correct dimensions.  

I traded my G3 before I had to worry about it.  Now I want another one.  

I also found that if you start to progressively shorten the hammer spring to lighten the trigger pull, that you will need to replace said spring.  DOH!!

It had, hands down, the worst trigger pull of anything I have ever seen.  I hear that is normal...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It had, hands down, the worst trigger pull of anything I have ever seen.  I hear that is normal...

A Williams trigger job fixes this in a MAJOR way!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:54:58 AM EDT
[#11]
The Bill Springfield Trigger job is great and the price is very right at just under $50 shipped!

It made a HUGE difference in the shootability of the gun.

I think HK figures that WAY Heavy, Long, Gritty trigger is really a back up safety, because you REALLY have to WANT to shoot to muster the strenght to pull it!!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top