Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 12:02:35 PM EDT
I would like a 308 with a QC barrel but dont want to go belt-fed. Anyone shoot one?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:06:58 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one.  I bought it off the net, so I have no idea who built it.  All I know is that it is not from Michaels Machines, TSC or ORF.

It is built on a SW3 receiver, and has the 21 trunion and E style barrel shroud with QD barrels and 1,200 meter sights.

Mine needed timed to my full auto sear. It uses a regular G3 carrier, but the receiver is longer, so the carrier needed ground down so it wouldn't trip the sear catch lever too soon.

It always did run like a champ in semi auto, and now works well in full!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Ohio Rapidfire

You'll have to come up with some commonly available parts and refinish it, but neither is a big deal.  The barrel may cost $300 to $500, but they're also not hard to find.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:02:09 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Try Ohio Rapidfire

You'll have to come up with some commonly available parts and refinish it, but neither is a big deal.  The barrel may cost $300 to $500, but they're also not hard to find.

It was their site that I saw the HK11 receiver on. Do they take regular HK21 barrels?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Do they take regular HK21 barrels?

Yes, they do.

pic courtesy of Michaels Machines
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#5]
You should call Mike at TSC machines or Todd Grove at ORF... perhaps both.   I'm not sure if ORF will build it, but I know TSC will, and you can get critical parts from ORF like the receiver, trunion, shroud, etc if you need them.  ORF fabricates the parts, so they go toward US compliance part count.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:15:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
but the receiver is longer, so the carrier needed ground down so it wouldn't trip the sear catch lever too soon.

Can you give details about where on the carrier the grinding was required and how much was removed?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Will do.  I'll snap a pic of the carriers' underside and post a pic.

Also, I should probably clarify... I don't  think the receiver is "longer," I think the trunion was welded in too far forward on this particular piece.  So I'm not sure if all HK11 clones will have this same issue.  My HK11 clone is not done very well.  I think it was pieced together in someone's garage.  It is solid, but there are a few things that Todd Grove pointed out that he would have done differently/better.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Is there only 1 barrel length available? How well do they shoot?  AFAIK, without checking my refernce books, they are the only QC  7.62 that is not belt fed. Correct?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You should call Mike at TSC machines .

Who is this person/company?

S.O.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:55:20 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You should call Mike at TSC machines .

Who is this person/company?

S.O.

Goodness inside --->  TSC Machine  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:48:41 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Goodness inside --->  TSC Machine  

Oh good Lord...I think I need some private time...
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:48:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
but the receiver is longer, so the carrier needed ground down so it wouldn't trip the sear catch lever too soon.

Can you give details about where on the carrier the grinding was required and how much was removed?

Damn, the boards are finicky tonight.   It has taken me 1/2 hour to be able to post this.

Anyway, here's a photo with a normal Full Auto G3 carrier on the right, and the modified one on the left.   The ground out "ramp" in the lower left  has been moved back by approx 1/16th of an inch.  You can barely tell in the pic, but if you focus on the amount of material between the rear of the carrier and the edge of the ramp, you can see it.

Link Posted: 1/6/2006 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the pic CZ.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 6:01:02 PM EDT
[#14]
No problem... just getting the old red x right now, though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top