Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2005 10:38:43 AM EDT
Anyone know where I can get a muzzle break to replace my Flashhider on my PTR91K? It looks like its threaded on with a cotter pin holding it on.

thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 10:50:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:32:02 AM EDT
[#2]
it just un-screws.....at least mine does

Quoted:
Anyone know where I can get a muzzle break to replace my Flashhider on my PTR91K? It looks like its threaded on with a cotter pin holding it on.

thanks

Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! Anybody know how it works? Does it really reduce muzzle climb or is it cosmetic?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:47:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about the JDL, but I had a Smith Enterprises Brake on my Ol' HK-91 from the 80's and it was very effective in controling muzzle rise.  Most of the vents were facing up and not as many facing out in the other directions.

I thought it was well made and worked great!

Hope it Helps

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:28:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Smith is now considering bringing back the HK Muzzle Brake with their proven design.  Same active component used in new USCG issue M-14 unit. They've just put their Vortex flash hider back into production for the HK-pattern guns, along with the Vortex for the metric FAL.  Interesting story on the Vortexes -- they were made for a small mideastern mil run early in 2005 and there were about 30 or so units left over.  They went quickly on their website.  After the company got enough requests, they just decided to make another run (about 50 untis or so) for both the FAL and the G-3.  So I'd say your chances of getting a truly effective MB (i.e. Smith) are pretty good in 2006.    
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:39:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the heads up on Smith's. For $21 i think I'll give the JLD a try. Hopefully the Smith one comes out soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top