Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2005 12:45:39 AM EDT
Hi,    I want to up-grade my HK SP89 to a plastic lower/grip housing & now my choice is either a HK SEF lower or Top-Notch Navy style lower.  I need some feedbacks is Top-Notch any good because I heard in the past they are unreliable!  Thanks & Happy Holiday
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 6:43:34 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a real HK, I would only put real HK parts on it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:17:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Well they sure as shit don't return emails.  Get it from a member here calle HK4ever.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Top Notch 0-1 plastic lower grip
This is what came stock on my PTR91-A1 and it is a primo piece listed at $70.  I like the pictograms.  The only tough part might be finding the appropriately wider selector lever.

This grip is listed at $45 and has numbered positions and has the "30" position but is a few bucks cheaper.  
0-1-30 plastic lower

This one is listed at $210 and come with the trigger pack and selector lever and would be the route I would choose given these 3 choices.
Complete 0-1 platic lower with guts

Notice that no C&P job is needed with any of these grips.  Now, whether they have them in stock and you can get one from them is another story entirely.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 1:43:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for your replies!  What is the quality with Top-Notch navy grip housing?  I heard they are lose & wobble when mounted on the weapon.  Also I contacted them for almost a month now every time is the same B.S. like will be instock next week!  Anyone know what is the difference between a HK SEF & Navy lower/grip housing?  I know that if I want to use my HK semi-trigger pack I have to get a SEF lower.  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 2:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
The Top Notch grips are 'pre-cut', so it's a crapshoot wether it'd fit your SP89 without wobble.  You can get an SEF MP5K grip frame from Gordon Miller for like 80 bucks, then a quality smith like IGF or AZEX can clip and pin it specifically for your weapon for like 50 bucks.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks!  I think that's my way I would go.  Any idea what is the grip difference  between SEF & Navy grip housing?  Thanks
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#7]
If we're talking H&K, SEF grip frames take the same trigger packs as the metal grip frames, whereas 'Navy' grip frames take ambidextrous trigger packs, they are completely not interchangable.  H&K did make grip frames that have the Navy look (IE, straight grip as opposed to the finger and thumb grooves on the SEF grip frames) for the G3K and in a very small amount for either the HK33 or MP5.  There are factory HK plastic grip frames with the Navy look but that take SEF internals, I have one on my HK91.

Link Posted: 12/25/2005 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the info!  Really appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Just get real HK, why would you mess with anything less?!?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:29:27 AM EDT
[#10]
You are right!  I ordered a German HK SEF lower hope it will works!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:13:03 PM EDT
[#11]
SEF trigger packs, but the non-Navy plastic grip frames need a longer axis selector
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top