Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2005 3:44:18 PM EDT
this was posted by TB

We have tracked most of the failure to OVER LOADED out of spec ammo

If you shoot double tap or any other max load ammo in your gun you will break the last round device and put your safety in danger.

Max load rounds are tested in a 4 inch barrel they are filled with more powder then can be burned in 4 inches so a bunch of the powder just flys out the end of the barrel each time you pull the trigger, now when you take this round and put it in a 9 inch barrel guess what??????

at 4 inches we hit max safety pressure level for the brass and we still have 5 more inches of barrel and tons of unburned powder now burning.

This is why it is not safe to shoot max load 10mm and 357 sig out of the 9" barrel guns the 9" with fake suppressor is even worse.

I am doing some testing next week be CA has already decided to VOID all warrenties for guns that are fired with any MAX load ammo.
We are still going to beef up the BHO because the new parts are done and well be delivered tuesday, but if you are using this ammo Now STOP and do not use anymore. The increased pressure generated by the extra barrel lenght could exceed the MAX rating of the brass casings...

Top of the list for this issue is

DOUBLE TAP ammo do not use this stuff   [end]

My opinion,
If I had one of these guns I would never shoot it ! Most guns are over engineered to handle hot loads. what if someone sell there 10 mm and the next person has no idea about shooting hot loads and it blows up in there face?  this is very shocking to me !  So did hk tell the FBI dont use hot rounds in these guns or they will blow up  ? I don't think so !  WOW
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]

I am doing some testing next week be CA has already decided to VOID all warrenties for guns that are fired with any MAX load ammo.

This is why I kept telling people with CA MP5/40s to "bail out now!"

You have reached the part of the cycle where Bailey fucks his customers...

He can't fix them and he can't afford to continue to attempt fixing them...

If you have a CA gun, it's already too late...

ETA:

I wouldn't believe anything Bailey spouts out, he's trying to pull a CYA on all the bad guns he produced...
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 4:54:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
this was posted by TB <--- THERE's THE PROBLEM, RIGHT THERE!

Max load rounds are tested in a 4 inch barrel they are filled with more powder then can be burned in 4 inches so a bunch of the powder just flys out the end of the barrel each time you pull the trigger, now when you take this round and put it in a 9 inch barrel guess what??????  at 4 inches we hit max safety pressure level for the brass and we still have 5 more inches of barrel and tons of unburned powder now burning.

If this were true, +P+ loads would be blowing-up pistol caliber carbines all the time.  This is just a big CYA exercise to screw the customers....
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
If you shoot double tap or any other max load ammo in your gun you will break the last round device and put your safety in danger.

I am wondering if they put this in the manual  !  he just completley opened himself up to a lawsuit if anyone gets hurt !  

How are you going to know if you have max load or not ?   Are .357sig gold dot's max load   I certainly dont know of anything hotter maybe corbon but it sure does not say that they are max on the box !

Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow, this thing is going south faster than I thought.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 3:57:26 AM EDT
[#5]

If you shoot double tap or any other max load ammo in your gun you will break the last round device

I can beleive this, due to the fact the hold open device is already an inherintely weak design.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 4:59:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:41:10 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not being a loading expert... God I HATE loading.  Are you telling me they design pistol rounds with an excess of powder intentionally?  Knowing it will serve no purpose to increase velocity since the bullet won't be in the barrel long enough to receive the benefits that a longer barrel would offer in terms of burn time and gas pressure in a closed system?  So the ammunition manufacture is intentionally wasting powder and causing a larger than necessary flash from excess powder that could blind a user who fires at night?  Am I understanding this properly?

Thats good ! you should post that over on the hk54 website and count the seconds before he pulls it !
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 7:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
There's a sucker born every minute.  The fact that people still buy anything that Toad has been associated with proves it.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Has anybody asked McNett about this? He makes the ammo after all. Where does this 4" barrel come from? Colts and Glocks are 5", there's a 6" for Glocks. I think one of the Smiths had a 4.5.
I have heard from an FBI agent they had quite a problem with their MP5 10mm bulging barrels. I haven't heard this from anybody else, so take it with a grain of salt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top