Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2005 8:55:26 PM EDT
I'd like to get a MP-5 clone sooner or later.  SW-5's and BW-5 are the most economic options.  In all reality, how many of all that are made are lemons?  How many that do have problems can be fixed without being sent back?  It's a shame this question needs to be asked with its concerning a $1000+ weapon....
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#1]
A lot of the BW5 problems seem to be fixed by changing out the extractor spring and such.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:52:25 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
A lot of the BW5 problems seem to be fixed by changing out the extractor spring and such.

Plus 1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:57:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

what he said.....I've got two BW5 rifles and only one had issues but the new extrator spring cured the issue...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Ive got one on the way.  Should be here in a few days.  Cant wait to give ya a range report.

-BJohnson
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 5:05:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I know it is not quite the same, but my BW89 needed a new extractor spring out of the box. After that it has performed quite nice. It is a lot more accurate then I had thought.
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 11:34:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still in love with my BW5.  One of my buddies just got a used SW5 and he's just as happy as I am with my BW5 (his doesn't look near as good though).
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My SW5 w/a POF bolt carrier asembly runs like a top!  No complaints thus far...after 1,200 rounds!  

MERRY XMAS EVERYONE!

ARCAPTN
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top