Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 6:18:16 PM EDT
Has anyone used a low profile setup from these guy's? www.mfiap.com/airsoft/acce/laser.htm

Been wondering if they are worth the extra $$. I'd be installing this on a PTR-91. Wonder if it's long enough?
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has anyone used a low profile setup from these guy's? www.mfiap.com/airsoft/acce/laser.htm

Been wondering if they are worth the extra $$. I'd be installing this on a PTR-91. Wonder if it's long enough?

Just get the real deal found here.

Its the one in the upper left hand corner.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the tip. The one in question is lower and that is appealing to me. Just wondered if anyone has used one.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the tip. The one in question is lower and that is appealing to me. Just wondered if anyone has used one.

I don't know about the one you linked to but I can tell you with the B&T you can use the iron sights if there is no scope mounted.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#4]
dont get either get the leapers and your good to go, dont waste the money on a laser etched logo
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Where and how much? If they are that cheap then I guess it wouldn't hurt to try it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:07:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:53:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I got to admit, I'm impressed with the cheap Chinese knock off. Just received mine today and it's  sturdy. We'll see how it holds up tomorrow. Fit and finish was on the mark. Can't believe that I thought about spending over a hundred dollars for something so small and so simple. If it holds up I'll be recommending these as well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 10:11:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I got to admit, I'm impressed with the cheap Chinese knock off. Just received mine today and it's  sturdy. We'll see how it holds up tomorrow. Fit and finish was on the mark. Can't believe that I thought about spending over a hundred dollars for something so small and so simple. If it holds up I'll be recommending these as well.

so, what's the verdict?
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
It held up fine, no problems with 100 rounds of Port. surplus ammo. Sorry, didn't get out to the range untill yesterday. Glad I didn't spend the big bucks for the B&T. As of now I took the scope and mount off as I prefer the open sights. The scope limits me to what ever I zero it to, give or take 50 to 75 yards. I'll put the mount back on when I get a more useful (expensive) scope. I give it two thumbs up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]
With a mount like this can you remove the scope and then put it back on without losing zero?  If not, is there a mount out there that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,
Robert
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I must admit to trying the knock off ( From CTD) and it has not budged since May. and I've got 1500 rounds on it and been switching optics from time to time.

Some times a scope

and sometimes a SUIT

JR
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I must admit to trying the knock off ( From CTD) and it has not budged since May. and I've got 1500 rounds on it and been switching optics from time to time.

Some times a scope

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Rotor_/th_5b48ec65.jpg

and sometimes a SUIT

i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Rotor_/th_d39a6df6.jpg

Did the zero change when you swapped back?

JR

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:58:01 PM EDT
[#13]
The SUIT is not a return to zero type mount but it was close enough for govt work. 3 or 4 Rounds and back on

The Nickel Supra scope in the Warne QD rings returns to zero every time.

JR
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 11:48:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I have a low profile Leapers mount (B&T knock-off), and it fits very well on my PTR-91.  However, it does not fit on my V-93.  It is a very snug fit on the PTR and it took a slight slap to get it into place over the locking protrusions on the PTR receiver.  Although it makes a tight fit, it has yet to disrupt the function of the bolt (as I have heard some other mounts do).

-JZ
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:50:31 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
With a mount like this can you remove the scope and then put it back on without losing zero?  If not, is there a mount out there that will allow me to do this?

Thanks,
Robert

I use the B&T mount and Larue QD rings.  I can go back and forth to irons and hold zero.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:29:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I own the B&T universal mount and when I found out about the leapers copy, I bought one to try it out.  I have to say, the two are almost identical other than the B&T logo.  I liked the first leapers enough to buy 2 more so I have 3 of them now.  One on a HK-93, one on a BW-5, and one on a PTR-91.  They all have stayed put through lots of rounds and I couldn't be happier with the price.  

I never understood why a hunk of aluminum cost $125 in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:38:58 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
Robert

I use the B&T mount and Larue QD rings.  I can go back and forth to irons and hold zero.

Do you have a good source for Larue QD rings?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:40:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I own the B&T universal mount and when I found out about the leapers copy, I bought one to try it out.  I have to say, the two are almost identical other than the B&T logo.  I liked the first leapers enough to buy 2 more so I have 3 of them now.  One on a HK-93, one on a BW-5, and one on a PTR-91.  They all have stayed put through lots of rounds and I couldn't be happier with the price.  

I never understood why a hunk of aluminum cost $125 in the first place.

There's a fair bit of machining involved in making one of these things.  Of course if you get someone in Chiina to push a button a CNC machine and pay them next to nothing that takes care of that.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:38:38 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,
Robert

Do you have a good source for Larue QD rings?

Email G&R and see if Grant can get them for you.  Or you could call Larue directly.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:44:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I use an Aimpoint Comp ML2 on a B&T MP5 low mount (BT10266) with a B&T QD ring (BT21530) on my MP5, and you can co witness with iron sights right through the aimponint.  The red dot sits right on top of the front sight post.  Awesome setup!   It doesn't lose zero when removed and reattached either!

Here's a pic

OK, one more with a silencer attached...

I wish there was a similar mount for the HK33/53... Everyone I find sits higher than the one for the MP5...   Anyone know where I can find a mount for the 33/53 that sits as low as the BT10266 on the MP5?
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 5:21:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Remember , those that are buying the Chinese mounts.

You are doing business with a communist country that has an openly stated desire to destroy our way of life.

So... to me is worth more to not do business with the enemy.

In 1968, how many things did you find at the local store made in Soviet Union ?
Now, everything is made in China...

disgusting.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

You are doing business with a communist country that has an openly stated desire to destroy our way of life.

disgusting.

You know, I've been up and down that road. I agree with you but when our economy makes it an almost most to purchase these items (if we want to get what we want at a fair price), who do you blame. The people buying them? the people selling them? the messed up government allowing it, or the Corporations bribing the government to allow it. My vote is the big Corporations and the people being bribed by them.

Let's not take it there on this thread. It's about a scope rail.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

disgusting.

and i bet you voted for gwb so he can let the illegals take our jobs and give tax breaks to the people who outsource.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone know who has the Leapers PTR/G3 mount in stock? I have looked on several sites but no one has them.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 11:09:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Does anyone know who has the Leapers PTR/G3 mount in stock? I have looked on several sites but no one has them.

Try www.cheaperthandirt.com.

-JZ
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:21:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
www.airsplat.com/Items/AC-MNT-P668.htm

They were out of stock yesterday but not it says they are back in stock! I'll call them again!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:11:36 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

disgusting.

and i bet you voted for gwb so he can let the illegals take our jobs and give tax breaks to the people who outsource.

Posted :: 5/1/2006 10:31:07 PM MST

Actually I vote Libertarian, thank you very much.

(if we want to get what we want at a fair price),

and in regards to that , I dont think any price is fair when it involves giving money to a government that is philosophically opposed to our way of life.

If you want a real value in your scope mount, get a BandT or the MFI, forget the leapers.

Somethings are worth paying extra for. Ask Patrick Henry...

I know, people argue over stupid stuff on the forums, but really, do you really want to do business with the commies ? Those who take all of the profits from these type of things and invest them into RandD programs to build more sophisticated weapons, or on espianoge programs designed to steal information from those nations that do develop things.

Don't buy chinese, spend the extra. Some things are worth it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Point heard and understood. Is it safe to say that you buy nothing made in China? Nothing at all? I'd challenge you if you lived here or I was headed to CO. I think it'd be safe to say I could find something in your house made in China. Flip your keyboard over or your mouse. What does it say? Made in China? It's almost impossible not to buy items made in China. I know a plumbing parts distributor and he flat out tells me they buy from China and they put the parts in boxes made in America. It's safe to say that he's not the only one doing this. He can't make money if he doesn't. He can buy American but he can't sale American made parts at the prices he can make money. This is repeated over and over coast to coast. The damage has been done. Our economy has changed and we will pay the price. It's no one persons fault. Some can say they never had anything to do with it and some will say they faught till they couldn't anymore. But one thing is for sure. Most of the items at Wal Mart, Target, Dick's Sporting Goods, th Dollar stores, Gas stations, and freakin Walgreens are made in China. The list goes on and on, so quit fooling yourself  and make your own thread in the general discussion forumn.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:16:11 AM EDT
[#30]
You are correct, in certain cases I do buy things made in China, but when I have options I will opt to not purchase things made in China.

I pay substantially more for a lot of things that I own specifically for that reason.

And I have no problem with a globalist economy, I'll buy things made in Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Mexico, etc... I understand the cost of labor in the modern world.

Just don't buy Chinese, that is my point.

So, I don't fool myself, I am very aware of the things that I purchase and where they come from.

The fellow who started this thread wanted to know of a good scope mount for the money.

I think every comment I made can be justified in that context, anything made by the communists cannot be considered a good value.

Regards
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Ummm, I started this post. I asked about a totally different mount and ended up inquiring about the Leapers. Never asked about anything else.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
You are correct, in certain cases I do buy things made in China, but when I have options I will opt to not purchase things made in China.I pay substantially more for a lot of things that I own specifically for that reason.

And I have no problem with a globalist economy, I'll buy things made in Taiwan, Malaysia, Singapore, Mexico, etc... I understand the cost of labor in the modern world.

Just don't buy Chinese, that is my point.So, I don't fool myself, I am very aware of the things that I purchase and where they come from.

The fellow who started this thread (me)wanted to know of a good scope mount for the money.

I think every comment I made can be justified in that context, anything made by the communists cannot be considered a good value. Not!
Regards

Couple of contradicting statements. Don't you think?

There is always a option. I'm sure if you don't want to buy Chinese then you don't have to, so quit making excuses.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top