Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/20/2005 1:14:29 PM EDT
?

If you say one's straight and one's curved I will put a voodoo curse on you.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally the mags were straight. With the rise of hollowpoint 9mm, it was discovered that the straight mags didn't feed HP well at all. And lo, the curved mag was born.

The other difference is that straight mags look dumb.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
feed lips are taller on the straight ones I believe
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

The other difference is that straight mags look dumb.

I hear that.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:33:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I actually prefer the look of the straight mags... and since mine is a cheap clone and a plinker, I only use ball so they work great.  Was also hard to beat the 3 for $60 price plus a mag pouch and cleaning kit from Intraordnance.

I think I'm gonna buy some of each.  I will be using a lot of ball, but my subguns chow down mostly on SXT's and HydraShocks.  I have YET to have a SINGLE hiccup with my Tec9 that everyone warned me would be a jammomatic.  About 1000 rounds down her so far, perfect condition, very little wear, ZERO failures of any kind.  Love that gun.  RRA 9mm eats same ammo, and my incoming '94 will too!

I madea  return to natchez once and I thought they were talking about a 40 dollar item, instead I had also returned a 500$+ item.  SO i just told the operator instead of a return, just send me equal value of SXT's.  She asked if I was sure, which should've tipped me off, but I wasn't thinking.  NExt week I get almost 2000 rounds of 9mm SXT's.  Sometimes I think I got the RRA just to help me burn through that!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:35:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I actually like the look of the strait mags in my mp5.  I also liked the price when tapco had them for 9.99 each.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:30:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Inter Ordence has the best deal on the stright mags, a 3 pack in the pouch with cleaning kit for $59, mags were as new I got :)
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:17:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
?

If you say one's straight and one's curved I will put a voodoo curse on you.

I missed this opportunity..

I know you are Jewish and I am pretty sure they don't look at chicken bones for the future..
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]
I have 3 of the straight mags (from IO) and three curved asian mags, and the asian have been perfect, absolutly no probs, the straight mags work great with ball, but suck with HP.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I was under the impression that the curved mags were for the 9mm and the straight mags were for the 10mm and 40mm versions.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was under the impression that the curved mags were for the 9mm and the straight mags were for the 10mm and 40mm versions.

There are straight and curved 9mm mags.

.40 SW (40mm would be a big subgun) and 10mm only come in straight. Something to do with the way the round is shaped.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#12]
A bonus question for 5 points....why is the magwell canted? The SW45 conversion was initially with a magwell feeding a modded GG mag. The second series uses a canted magwell as per the rest of the family.

Colt SMGs run stright mags so do they suck with HPs?

Simon
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 10:53:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Inter Ord dropped the price to $49 for a set of 3 with pouch and cleaning kit. I bought some at $59
Mine were in great shape pouch was kind of nifty. Double belt loops and a hook to hang by a clip.
All of mine worked fine with FMJ. Got some extra cleaing kits for sale!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#14]
better deal yet :)   I have seen guys selling the same thing for $100, or the mags for $25 and the cleaning kits for $10..............all this for $50 from IO

Quoted:
Inter Ord dropped the price to $49 for a set of 3 with pouch and cleaning kit. I bought some at $59
Mine were in great shape pouch was kind of nifty. Double belt loops and a hook to hang by a clip.
All of mine worked fine with FMJ. Got some extra cleaing kits for sale!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top