Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 2:44:12 PM EDT
I am currently looking at the following weapons;
www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html

I am stuck between the .40 S&W version of the PDW and the full size MP5 clone.

My question to you is, are these good guns? I have never heard of Vector, but I know I cannot afford a real full auto version of an MP5. Are there other companies that make btter versions? Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a V93 that was used as a  sear host and burned the F#$K up, paint melted off the barrel "only driven to church on Sundays....but BETA mag dumps on Sat."  Shoots great functions fine tight groups still. Also have a Vector F/A UZI, wonderful SMG my first F/A. Vector is noted for top notch customer service very good people. After their Class III receivers sold off they are looking to stay in business and supply us with cool stuff. I'm going to get a V51 pistol and put a sear in it and a buttstock, that will one bad mother.

I think you can't go wrong with anything Vector and you will get better customer service with it than a real HK.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I've got a V93 that was used as a  sear host and burned the F#$K up, paint melted off the barrel "only driven to church on Sundays....but BETA mag dumps on Sat."  Shoots great functions fine tight groups still. Also have a Vector F/A UZI, wonderful SMG my first F/A. Vector is noted for top notch customer service very good people. After their Class III receivers sold off they are looking to stay in business and supply us with cool stuff. I'm going to get a V51 pistol and put a sear in it and a buttstock, that will one bad mother.

I think you can't go wrong with anything Vector and you will get better customer service with it than a real HK.  

I asked this EXACT same question on HK forum and they told me that this was one of these worst things to get. Perhaps they were a little biased?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 5:13:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am currently looking at the following weapons;
www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html

I am stuck between the .40 S&W version of the PDW and the full size MP5 clone.

My question to you is, are these good guns? I have never heard of Vector, but I know I cannot afford a real full auto version of an MP5. Are there other companies that make btter versions? Thanks for your time!

Dude, I'd hold off on those.  They are a brand new product and full of issues.  Dig thru this forum, a handful of members had bad experiences with the Vector MP5 clones.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I asked this EXACT same question on HK forum and they told me that this was one of these worst things to get. Perhaps they were a little biased?

Hold on a minute  you are talking about two different things here vector is only selling these mp5 clones they DO NOT make them! coharie arms makes them which is part of special weapons !

the gun mentioned above is a Vector not a coharie two completly different guns Vector is an excellent company ! I bought one of these mp5 clones from coharie thru Vector and had lot's of trouble with it look down the page and you will find three different treads on these !
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, I've read some bugs in the new MP5/X's they're selling.

I don't think it's Vector, since I hear good things about their Uzis, AK's, RPK's, V53s and V93s.

Most of the complaints I've read have been about the MP5/10's and MP5/357s oddly enough. Either way, I'd give 'em time to work the bugs out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:13:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Well maybe I'm wrong on this one I've been issued a "REAL" G-3 and have a "REAL" 94 and they are/were nice. But I also have a alum receiver SAR-8 and I like it and my V93 like it too. Still think vector is a great company to deal with Maybe this gun just sucks.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:53:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Vector is a standup company that produces a good product.

However, they're only selling these Coharie arms firearms. They're being produced by Special Weapons AKA Todd Bailey.

Todd, has said that he will produce and assemble the first 500.
Todd, has also said that they're being produced by Coharie in another state.

All I know is with the uneven magwells, bolt hold open devices that are breaking off,  and the failure to feeds and failure to ejects , I'm staying away until either I hear positive reviews about fit and function, or Vector starts assembling these weapons and not "Coharie"

Special Weapons creates parts that make a good firearm, but can they assemble a firearm that works out of the box? ;)

I think I'm going to buy a Bobcat FS for my SBR project.  Those seem to have all the kinks worked out.

[Disclaimer]Everything I have written is personal oppinion derived from other users threads created to relay legitimate problems they are having with their weapons.  [/End Disclaimer]
( Someone's sue happy, just like half of modern America)
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 3:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think I'm going to buy a Bobcat FS for my SBR project.  Those seem to have all the kinks worked out.

Bobcat seems like 90% of current problems are fixed by changing the extractor. Why they don't do that at the factory I do not know.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Why mess with a clone?  Just get the real thing, or get an HK94 and SBR it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top