Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:29:43 PM EDT
My PTR 91 was hitting 2 feet low with the rear sight at it's highest setting at 50 yards. Had to use the JLD sight tool to pinch the rear sight locking lugs in. I then had to spin the rear sight a ton to get the point of impact up to where it should be.  It is almost right on now at 50 yards with the sight drum on "1". I can't see past 50 yards I'm so dam blind!

Is it normal to have to screw the rear sight up that much to get the POI up? I uncrewed it maybe half way. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:31:40 AM EDT
[#1]
100 meter zero is normally about 5 winds up from the bottom on a German rifle using the 100-meter slot/aperture.

Since you are zeroing out at 50 yards, you will be spun up a little higher due to the increased angle of making the sight angle look more downward.

As long as you can zero the sights, both in elevation and windage, then everything is fine.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:40:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
100 meter zero is normally about 5 winds up from the bottom on a German rifle using the 100-meter slot/aperture.

Since you are zeroing out at 50 yards, you will be spun up a little higher due to the increased angle of making the sight angle look more downward.

As long as you can zero the sights, both in elevation and windage, then everything is fine.

Thank you for the good info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top