Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2005 9:45:26 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 9:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]
That stinks .  

Let us know how everything comes out with JLD.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 11:21:12 AM EDT
[#2]
+1.  I just got a PTR-91 about a month or so ago, so I am very interested in how it works out for you.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It has a couple thousand rds or so through it.  The piece that clamps over the cocking tube that you push the handguard pin through to hold on the handguard has become loose.  If the handguard is on it will move forward and backward a little bit when pressure is applied.  If it isn't on the piece will wobble easily.  It still functions fine but I wanted it fixed.  

My friends Century G3 did the same thing but he has had it alot longer.  Kinda surprises me it developed the issue so fast.  I hope it isn't something that inevitably happens over time because it isn't a lifetime warranty.  Hopefully the ework won't take long .

I would not worry about it being taken care.  Victor at JLD will make it right.  Still sucks that you have to send it in.  Did he say what they would do to fix it?  Let us know how it goes.
Link Posted: 12/5/2005 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Victor will fix it.  He didn't say what he'd do.  I don't think it hs even gotten there yet as I shipped it Friday.  I guess I should have said it is on it's way to JLD instead of it is at there.  I wasn't paying attention.  I will give updates when I have them.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the PTR back Friday.  Everything looks great.  He fixed the issue and upgraded some stuff for free.  I had a buttstock on it that has a completely smooth texture.  It was replaced with the newer stock that has a grainy type texture.  It looks and feels nicer.  The pins for the buttstock were also replaced with nicer pins that they now use that are either matte stainless or just in the white.  All this was done just to update it not because there was anything wrong.  The service has been great.  Just wanted to update  anyone who was curious.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:30:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I got the PTR back Friday.  Everything looks great.  He fixed the issue and upgraded some stuff for free.  I had a buttstock on it that has a completely smooth texture.  It was replaced with the newer stock that has a grainy type texture.  It looks and feels nicer.  The pins for the buttstock were also replaced with nicer pins that they now use that are either matte stainless or just in the white.  All this was done just to update it not because there was anything wrong.  The service has been great.  Just wanted to update  anyone who was curious.

They seem to be a top notch operation, I can't wait to get a 91K and standard.  I'm going to SBR the K and shoot the heck out of the standard.  IMO, the standard will be a great shooter with the 18" barrel and its cheaper to boot.  I would recomend these rifles to anyone (and I'm a hardcore M-14 guy) over a FAL, AR10 and M14 (especially, for the price).  $1.00 mags, go figure
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top