Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2005 8:21:23 AM EDT
I'm doing up an MP5 clone, and finding a decent barrel is getting to be a bit of a bitch.  I can't find any POF barrels, the HK94 barrels I've seen around are beat up, so it looks like my last option are the Special Weapons stainless barrels.  Are these worth using for a new build?  I hear about Bobcat and Special Weapons rifles needing 'hot' ammo to run properly, does this come from the barrels having out of spec chambers?
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Their barrels are fine.

Their receivers are a bit out of spec.  breaking them in with hot loads helps to be sure the gun fully cycles in the early life of the gun.

I believe the barrels are US made, which is a big plus if building a title I firearm.

If you are looking for a 3-lug barrel, POF barrels are not quite to spec.

I have a SW5 barrel (full length carbine) I'll sell you for $125.  It is left over from when I SBR'd my SW5 and put a German 3-lug barrel on her.  It is complete with front sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top