Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2005 5:10:17 PM EDT
Good folks of the Forum.  Bear with my ramblings.  

Don't usually even lurk here but was an H&K nut prior to getting into AR's.  Cohorts of many years and I have amased several nice H&K's:  91A3 & A2, 93A3 & A2, 630, 770 & SL7's, P7's.  Most with a majority of factory accessories.  Traded out a 940 couple of years ago and never owned an SL6 (never found the right one).  We have no clones.  

Here is the question:  Should we sell, take the cash and buy some new toys? or

Should we continue to shoot them and not worry that if they break based on H&K customer service to date we're SOL?

Manly looking for input on why we should keep or sell that we may have missed.  

Thanks, Richard

PS:  If we decide to sell we'll give the folks at AR15.com first shot.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#1]
although they ar HK, the weapon systems have hit the pinical many years ago, where as the AR is still evolving

look how much has happend in the AR wolrd in the last few years, you have new rounds liike the 50AE and beouwulf, that can hunt big stuff with, you have ar10's and 15 chaber in great long range rounds like the 6.5,, 308 and 270, also you can get 22lr conversions to shoot cheep.

HK's are great weapon ssystmes and will hold there value better but if you are going to be using them, there is more things that you can do with an AR
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks m4hk33.  

Looking for more sell or keep answers and why.  I'm sold on the AR platform.

So, they will probably hold their value better.  What else folks.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:01:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd keep em.  Or most of em.  But maybe we can trade  

Important part really is are you collecting, or mainly a shooter?

The import ban is still in effect, despite the end of the AWB.  As much as I enjoy AR's, and how easy they are to assemble and modify, they are dime a dozen at the gun shows.  If you can afford real HK's, you can afford to buy or build yourself an AR.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#4]
All are shooters, but well maintained shooters, used, not abused, i.e. no junk.  

If sold these would not finance AR's.  Well maybe a whisper upper, more mags, reloading supplies....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I say keep them. As a HK fan I too have 630,770s, 940s HK91s 93A2 and 94A2 SLB2000, USC, P9S, SL7,P7M8 ,USPs, and a HK270 .22

HKs are rare, and IMO the HK hunting rifles are THE BEST semi auto hunting rifles ever built. They are rare, and spendy but are so much better than a Browning or Remington.
If you do ever sell one please let me know, I am always in the market for another HK

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:18:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep them.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:46:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Keep.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:58:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Sell them and buy an M16.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:40:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Keep them.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#10]
But WHY keep them.  Looking for the reasoning, fact and logic behind the recommendations.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:58:20 PM EDT
[#11]
rrbgeb, I'd trade some of those HKs for a registered HK sear so you can turn the 91/93/94 into full auto.

IM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The HKs, especially the sporting rifles, aren't as readily replaceable as most ARs are.
I'd really like to get another 770
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep'em.  You will regret selling them.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:30:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Keep them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#15]
I would keep them unless you have extraordinary cash needs.

I have always regretted selling any gun I ever had. While that list is short, the remorse lives on

That said, if you genuinely want to expand your horizon and enjoy a new or refreshing line of firearms, I think it could be a healthy thing.

how's that for decisiveness?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#16]
keep them because if you sell them, you will kick yourself later.

trust me.

I have sold many a gun, and have kicked myself for selling most of them.

Keep them, because you already own them, and you WILL kick your self later.

or just give them to me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:09:20 PM EDT
[#17]
You guys are about as decisive as I am.   Lots of keep'em you'll regret it later but the allure of new toys..........

Has anyone had any positive experence with HK customer service lately?  The fact that you can't buy replacement parts, home swap bbls, etc. is one of the biggest concerns we have with continuing to use them for what they were intended.  

What about all the parts guns going together based on the 90 series?  Will it dilute the market?  

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 3:54:17 AM EDT
[#18]
rrbgeb,
Personally, I'd keep the HK's.  As said before, they are far more difficult to replace than AR's.  ARs are fine rifles, but they are also dime a dozen.  

Sounds like your primary concern is the wear and tear on your toys.  Unless you dump LOTS of rounds, don't think the AR will save you tons of $$.  Uppers have a bad habit of turning into complete rifles!  

Get an AR to play with on the range, or, if the training/weapon familiarity is a factor, get yourself a decent clone to abuse.  

The parts guns will never dilute the real HK market, unless the import ban goes away.  I'm not holding my breath on that one.  
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:13:24 PM EDT
[#19]
I  don't sell guns. . . I  buy'em!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top