Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 7:23:27 PM EDT
What can you tell me about a company called Special Weapons, LLC?  I know a guy who has a
HK Clone of a MP5 but it is in .45 Auto.  It was made by Special Weapons, LLC in Arizona.  I believe the Model number is SW45FS.  It has a 16" barrel but looks like a SBR because it has a fake suppresor permanently attached.  

Anything you can tell me about this is appreciated!  Is it reliable? Is it of good quality?  What is the value? ETC.....

What should I tell him that he should be able to get for it? I dont want to tell him to sell it for a price that is too low nor do I what to tell him to ask for a price that is to high making it just set in the used gun rack at the funshop for months. Whats a fair price?

Thanks!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#1]
From reading this board, most people are of the opinion that it is a crap shoot with Special Weapons guns.  some are pieces of junk and some run flawlessly.  The SW45 that I have is one of the good ones as I have never had a bit of problem with mine, my SW32 is another story.   Mags are the only problem, as SW wanted $30+shipping for each one.   They are just modified grease gun mags, did it myself,  works great.  Bought mine for $1100 (dealer cost)and on an earlier post, someone replied that they had seen one at a gun store for $1400.  I don't believe that SW is around anymore, so I suspect that any repairs are nonexistant.  Don't know what he could get for it as I do not know what commission the gunshops in your area charge.  Last SW gun I bought earlier in the year(SW32), I paid about 65% of dealer cost.  Had one SW32, which took a little work to get to run and it was $1100, paid $700 for the second, which was way overpriced(I thought a good deal at the time) as it  turned out to be one of the not so good guns.  If its one of the good guns, he might get $1100, although it might sit for a bit, or $800 or so and it might sell real quick.  Depends if someone walking in the store really wants it.  Put it for sale on Arfcom first and see if any takers before he takes it to a gunstore.  Its a fun little gun.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#2]
They had a lot of QA problems early on.  I have a SW5, which is a HK94 clone in 9mm.  It functions very well.  I recently had it SBRd.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
[#3]

If it runs it is worth about $1000. If it doesn't run it's scrap.

The company has such a poor rep they had to change their name to fool people.

I’d buy one (I like vintage HK toys)  if I could successfully run 300-500rds though it, although long term risk is still there. If I could not test fire it I wouldn’t buy it. It’s too risky.

Shame on the arrogant asses at HK for letting this happen. You’d think Hillery was running the company.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top