Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 11:39:13 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

First ever post.  I just want to ask if anyone here knows which countries aside from Germany makes licensed HK MP5's in the different types, A, K and SD.  Also, would anyone be able to provide a guide in how to tell which country a specific MP5 is made?  

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 5:22:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if they still do, but at least used to manufacture some form of roller locked HK rifle:

Pakistan
Maylasia
Greece
Portugal
At least one South American country, but I can't remember.
At least one African country, but I can't remember

Also, picked this up on the net:
"HK MP5 Used in 42 countries, including Argentina, Chile, El Salvador, Greece, India, Iran, Mexico,  Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Turkey, Zaire.

HK21Used in 14 countries, including Colombia, Malaysia, Mexico, Nigeria, Sri Lanka, Sudan.

G-3 Manufactured in 18 countries; more than seven million produced; deployed in 64 countries,  including Angola, Burma, Colombia, Greece, Iran, Libya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Turkey."

From another site:
"Much of the manufacturing of Heckler & Koch weapons is carried out under licensed production agreements, either for the armed forces of the producing country or for export. Such agreements have been made with a number of EU countries and also Burma (now Myanmar), Iran, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Turkey and Thailand. Heckler & Koch have stated that the agreements with Burma and Iran have lapsed.4

Licensed production has two main advantages for the licensee company and its country. Firstly, in-country manufacture reduces the dependence on weapons imports, providing a cushion against arms embargoes. Secondly, it can provide export earnings, possibly including sales to countries and situations where it might be difficult or embarrassing for the country of the licensor to sell. This has obvious potential for undermining export controls. If licensed production agreements do not contain production and export limits they blatantly undermine export controls. If they do provide limits then, as one commentator has stated, 'they are being violated with apparent impunity'."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top