Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 4:23:52 PM EDT
Hi guys,

Picked up an HK 93 the other day. It is in very good mech. but prob.
85-90% ext. finish. Its not going to be shot that much so would like
to pretty it up. It was imported by Saco/1976 and I would like to put
the correct HK finish back. Who do you recommend that has exp. with
HK redo's? Cost range?
Also looking for a lite bipod, A3 stock, and a German scope/mount
for it. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

RMM
[email protected]    
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I would give Jason at Investment Grade Firearms a try they are first rate and his work is beautiful.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Rich at Century Gun Works is the best.

www.CGW.com

Has done a couple of rifles for me.  Check out his gallery.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:32:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#4]
I will second the IGF recommendation !

Go here : www.investmentgradefirearms.com/

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind waiting the closest thing you can get to a factory job is Terry Dyer.  It just may take a year.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:29:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I agree with ARS recommendation - plan to wait a bit - Mark knows his finishes.  You can also have the trigger pack tuned while it is there.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard of Envirotech and Investment Grade, and of course, Terry Dyer, refinishing HK guns, but does that in any way diminish the collectibility or intrinsic value of the gun, or is this something more widely accepted in the HK collector community due to the fact that the factory HK finish chips and dings if you so much as look at is cross-eyed???
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I believe Mark Graham at www.arizonaresponsesystems.com is a HK refinishiing repair center.

from their site:

We can touch-up black guns only, not the earlier blue-gray SACO imports.

Guess I'm outta luck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys for all the directions. I have heard good things about                                      all those places.I've been collecting HK's for some time now but could always                   find that real deal occasionally. I was always able to find them in mint                          condition at the right price. Those days might be going so I've been picking up                  one occasionally  at 85% up. I've  always been a real condition freak on                     everything so what I pickup will have to be redo's. I feel that the hard                             core collectors will only except those pristine NIB ones anyway so that                         leaves us on a budget collectors and shooters buying everything else. The                       HK's recondition nicely and are exceptable to most if represented as that.                            I don't think it effects the value that much if done right.

How many of those Hk 94's that are being released from CA LE are                                going to be redone and hit the market as MINT.....NEW IN BOX rifles?????

Thanks for the help,

RMM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top