Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2005 6:25:31 AM EDT
I would really like to get a MP5 clone, however I don't really like my options. I personally think that the long barrel on these weapons is hidious and a fake suppressor is way to "airsoft" for me.
An SBR could possibly be a solution, however if I am going to get an SBR it will be a Colt Commando, first and fore most. I think a "midlength" setup would be ideal, and probably a great seller. A longer handgaurd set up and moving the front sight forward would increase the sight radius and give the apperance of a shorter barrel. I think an MP5 clone set up like this with maybe an inch or less between the flashhider and the handgaurds would be an awesome looking little gun.
I think this would also be cool for a 51/53. Someone be a lamb and build me one? What do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 8:57:41 PM EDT
[#1]
A mid length MP5?  

Are you comparing barrel lengths?  8 1/2" for a MP5 and 16" for a HK94?
So is mid length a 12" barrel?  Maybe it would be called a HK94k?

I am not feeling your vision here.  I don't see any reason, except for uniqueness, why anyone would want to own a HK94k.  

To be honest with you, most MP5 owners are quite content with the 8 1/2" barrel length, some even opt for the smaller MP5k or PDW models

Also, if you are set on something unique, most gun smiths will build you just about anything.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Las Vegas HK is right.

But I too want a HK94K or MP5 SF. The MP5 SF is a MP5 with a 10.5 inch barrel with a G3 flash hider. There is a picture of one with a bayonet above a HK94 with a K grip here.  http://www.hkpro.com/greyroom.htm

I have a HK94 but I do not want to cut the barrel down for a SBR, so when I get the time I will buy a Bobcat BW5 and make it into a HK94 SBE MP5 look a like, or have a HK smith make a HK94 K SBR clone.

Chris

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#3]

I think this would also be cool for a 51/53. Someone be a lamb and build me one? What do you guys think?

You could look into a G3K or 33K. That will give you a 12.5 barrel and a little longer sight than a 53.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My vision was for a civilian only model, not for a military replacement. The standard MP5 and MP5SD are nearly perfect in my opinion. I just don't like the look of the 16 inch skinny barrel on the HK94 or the fake suppressor on the standard barrel to make a legal 16 inches. I was just thinking a mid length civilain semi auto weapon may be a solution for some of my gripes and i was curious to see how others felt and if anyone agreed with me. It would give the illusion of a shorter barrel while maintaining the benefits of a 16 inch barrel and longer sight radius. I think a midlength Hk94 would be an really neat weapon...id buy one for sure.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Get a 94 or a BW5 and chop it. You live in a CIII friendly state.

There is absolutely no point to what you are talking about. The only thing it would do would be to lengthen the cocking tube and require a non-standard bolt carrier.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top