Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:53:00 PM EDT
anyone seen these upclose , wonder how hard a 223 like that will kick . wish they made a MP5 version
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Took a HK53 for a ride once, it was fun!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
more detail ?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:42:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I carried a real H&K 53 as an issued weapon.
They are one of the most size effective .223 platforms in existance when using the 1/7 barrels.
THEY ARE LIKE A MEGA mp5.
The rollerlocking and the buffering makes them come on target quick for follow up shots.
I was issued an SEF model, and it is easy to squeeze off singles while set on rock and roll with practice.
the fireball is huge, when not using the open 53 hider. with a true H&K open four prong hider the flash is diminished fairly well.
They do get real dirty but are easy tostrip and clean like all the roller locking guns just make sure you have a chamber face brush, I hooked mine to a rechargable drill to make cleaning easy.
I now have a G36 K and wish for my 53 it had a much better trigger and practical accuracy was better.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]
good info , this V53 has no stock it is ina "pistol " config with detachable mag ...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Must SBR that one!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
it says that SBR is not needed since it is capped
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:59:27 PM EDT
[#7]
What he means is you'll want to get the gun SBR approved because shooting it in pistol config is not all that pleasant.  I have one of the V53 Pistols you're talking about and it really isn't practical in it's current form.  You can't hardly aim the thing and the recoil is enough to make it hard to keep on target for follow-up shots.  I have mine setup with a sling that I pull on to give some stability but it's still not the same as a stock.

Now, that said ... the V53 is a sweet gun, very well made and in 500+ rounds I haven't had even one single failure (no failure to feed, eject, nada).  My Form 1 for this gun went pending on April 20th, so some day I will be able to buy a stock for it, until then I'll just keep dreaming of that day :)
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:02:11 PM EDT
[#8]
excellent , finally what I am looking for ... an owner , and that narrows it down alot
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:40:10 AM EDT
[#9]
correctamundo on the SBR stamp!
a 223 PISTOL IS A CONVERSATION PIECE.
With a stock it turns into an accurate handy carbine suitable for 3 gun matches and fun plinking.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I own a Vector 53 and  a SW5... both SBRs

Both are great fun to shoot.  The 53 draws more of a crowd because of the louder report and muzzle flash, even with a flash hider.

I shoot the SW5 more often, but mostly due to cheaper ammo.

The 9mm gun is so much easier to control and has milder recoil, but the 53 doesn't kick as much as you would think.

From Vector, you can get either a 53 with 16 inch barrel and a shoulder stock, or a V53P (pistol) with a short barrel but no shoulder stock.  The 53 is actually a short barrel with a pinned on barrel extension.

People who own registered sears like the pistol version because once they install the sear, it becomes a machinegun, and a machinegun can have a short barrel and a shoulder stock.  When they remove the sear, all the have to do is remove the shoulder stock and it is a legal pistol again.  Without the sear installed, if you attach a shoulder stock it becomes a SBR, and must first be registered as such with the ATF.

If you want a shoulder fired SBR, the best thing to do is get the V53P and fill out the forms and wait.  When the form is approved, all you need to do is add the stock.   If you go with the 16-inch V53, after the Form 1 is approved, you need to detach the pinned on barrel extension... which is much more difficult than simply adding the stock to the pistol.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:16:06 AM EDT
[#11]
I have the V53LS. I turned in my form 1 for an SBR on it last week. Nice rifle.  The US forend has a lot of slop to it. The rifle shoots great.

I agree with just buying the pistol version and sbring it later. Then you just add the butt stock which is a piece of cake and you don't have to send it off to have the barrel cut and threaded (which is what I'm going to have to do). The pistol version is also cheaper.

B&T makes great stocks and forends for these that fit great and are pretty reasonable in price. Go to DSA's website if you want to see how much for this stuff. I also added a pentagon light and EOtech to it.

If you want to mount an Aimpoint or other optic to it, you cheapest option that will fit will be the B&T Uni mount part#BT212621

Cheers,
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#12]
You guys are making me jealous.  Can we see some picts?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:17:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Nice rifles - well balanced - quick on target - made for CQB within 100 yds. Plan on budgeting for an ACOG or similar device to make rifle shine. IMO as well made as a HK 93. I would like a bit nicer finish coating as the JLD PTR 91's have - however the orginal HK's finish is not that great and Vector is at least as good. If you want a SBR I would recommend you buy one.
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#14]
This project started out as the V53 pistol.The addition of the retractable stock required an AFT Form 1 approval (4 months). Vector keeps the basic price down to $1350 by using some interchangable MP5 parts because they are more readily available wordwide than HK53 parts, but the "look" suffers.

Restoring the look of a true HK53 comes at a premium. The market price for a genuine HK53 four prong flash hider is $140, the genuine A3 retractable stock is $300...and the list goes on. Including the $200 ATF tax stamp, I have about $2300 in this finished project.

Most all HK firearms use the roller locking system as the method of operation. The roller system is a German work of art. Don't miss an opporunity to shoot an MP5 or HK53 in full auto. They are the sweetest, and smoothest machine guns you will ever hold.

This .223 has won the top spot for every category in my stable. Please don't tell my Colts!

Link Posted: 10/13/2005 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#15]
NICE
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Ive had an HK 93 since the 80s and it is a very sweet shooter. Mine is the A3 model (retractable stock) and I use it with my AAC M4-2000 suppressor. Its never jammed or anything on me, much more than I can say about  "other" 223 rifles...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top