Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2005 1:59:28 PM EDT
I am certain there are people wondering where in the Hell are the MP5 40/357/10 guns from Vector/SW are?

They where announced over six months ago and where supposed to be here by now.

Heck SW even sold two proto-type MP5 40 pistols a few months ago.

Is it just the Todd Bailey factor?  Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I think it was six months ago that they were supposed to *ship*, they were announced in 2004.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:12:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a post from HK-54.com by Mr. Todd Bailey himself:

"The gun will be in production in Jan 2005 by a company in MI, we will be suppling them with most internal parts they are doing the Receiver and mags, tooling will be done in about 4-6 weeks.

Price is tbd but should be in line with old SW5 prices

The models will be as follows

mp5-40 fs style
mp5k-40 pdw style
sp89-40 pistol

then they will also be available in 10 mm and 357 sig

Mags will be $35 each identical to Hk mp5-40

The new company will announce the business in Nov or Dec 2004 and should have a web site about the same time."

cold link: http://www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=58
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
i bet its a year from right now, that the first highly defective units ship.  I'm still going to get oone, but the clone world sucks ass
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:03:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The issue lies with Toad Belly. Toad has the habit of screwing his partners without warning. Take it for what it is worth.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure if it was posted on this board or not but back in May there was a gentleman putting together a group buy of the MP5 40/10/.357 Sig receivers for around $750 or so from Special Weapons or some subsidary of the same.  Never the less, the point is that the participants of this group buy were informed last week that the receivers should be comming out in the next few weeks.  I realized that there could be further delays but none the less progress would seem to be occurring.   These are the same receivers that Vector will be getting to build the weapons they will be selling, I believe.  Not sure when they will be getting their initial shipment.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure exactly what you meant about Vector and them building these guns... but Vector isn't building the new MP5s.

They are just selling them, they have NO hand in the build process, none that I know of.

I think this is just another way for SW to hide... and to cover up their tarnished industry name by using Vector as
the medium to sell their guns.

Now if Vector were making them it would be a whole other animal now wouldn't it  

Time will tell though if this SW/Cohaire arms company redeems their name....

This will be one of those "don't knock it 'till ya tried it" kinda things  

Who knows it might actually be a nice gun.... if it is, I'd like a .40... maybe  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not sure exactly what you meant about Vector and them building these guns... but Vector isn't building the new MP5s.

They are just selling them, they have NO hand in the build process, none that I know of.

I think this is just another way for SW to hide... and to cover up their tarnished industry name by using Vector as
the medium to sell their guns.

Now if Vector were making them it would be a whole other animal now wouldn't it  

Time will tell though if this SW/Cohaire arms company redeems their name....

This will be one of those "don't knock it 'till ya tried it" kinda things  

Who knows it might actually be a nice gun.... if it is, I'd like a .40... maybe  

Vector doesn't sell firearms they don't make. The early V53's were made by Toad but only until Vector was up to speed, and then they had to fix all of Toad's problems. While it is true that the receivers and US parts will be supplied by Speshul Wepunz, welding and assembly will be done by Vector using their own kits. It will be the same process as the V93 and V53.

Now then, all that being said, Toad has a habit of telling anyone who will listen that XYZ parts, or firearm, will be ready in just a few weeks and then never mention the project again and never actually sell the product. Case in point when he said he was going to put Cav Arms out of business with a plastic lower or when he announced he was going to produce a beltfeed upper in only a month.

I'm not saying the receivers won't happen just that I will believe it when I see them sell. I think it is also worth mentioning that the MP5/40 kits exist and are in NSL.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:40:20 PM EDT
[#8]
You obviously have never read Bailey's website hk-54

I don't feel like getting into a pissing contest because there isn't really an arguement here... but Bailey himself says that the guns will be made / assembled by a company out of Michigan called "Cohaire Arms"....

Can anyone in clone land back up the "Cohaire" statement ?

ETA :  You are also wrong about SW just making the receivers and US parts.... They are making every damn thing that these guns are made out of. Receivers, Barrels, Trunions, Bolt heads, Bolt Carriers, Recoil Springs & Guide rods, ALL the Locking pieces, Rollers, Cocking Tubes, Stocks, Trigger Packs, Trigger Internals, etc.... I think you get the idea.

Now Vector may be making a couple guns off of his receivers for special customers that have supplied HK MP5/40 kits, but other than that... they are all US made, or atleast 99% US made... no parts kits !
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I think my long awaited PS90 will get here before these do.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#10]
There's no such place as Cohaire.  We all know this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#11]
You know it, I know it and everyone in this HK section knows it... but ian up there doesn't know it.

No offense intended ian.

Vector will basically just be the distributor of the SW guns.

Everyone would buy with an easier mind if they knew that Vector was putting these guns together ( this is exactly what Bailey is banking on too ), but they are not !

So far it has worked out perfectly to his plan too.... there is a huge waiting list for these guns "supposedly"...

I personally wouldn't sell them unless I was the one putting them together... but I guess Vector knows what they are doing. They may have been forced into this with a little strong arming... kinda like  " You get no mo 53 receivers unless you sell these MP5s".

They may have had little choice in the matter. People that need Bailey's stuff have to handle business deals with kid gloves. And that is why there needs to be another company to step up to the plate... but it aint happenin' anytime soon.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#12]
<SIGH> You know Toad lies and then you believe his story? Which part is a lie and which part is true?

I have been to Vector (many times) and have seen what I have seen. I'll leave it at that.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:01:39 AM EDT
[#13]
so you've seen Vector assemblying mp5's in 10/40/357sig?  Sweet!  Get a pic and ask them when there gonna be done.

I have no money, but i'll bet you a hundred pretend dollars that picture will never exist.

I wish it would happen.  I'd hate to buy anything from Toad Belly, especially knowing it won't run, but I figure Jayson at IGF or somebody else can fix it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Todd could be so successful if he just tighten things up a bit.

With the ammount of pre-order MP5 40/357/10 rifles that Vector has, I am surprised these guns are running so late?  It seems like money in the bank for both SW and Vector?

The only thing I can think of, he is still making parts?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top