Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 4:34:52 PM EDT
I recently bought some magazines and was told they were all HK manufactured.

I was looking at them and only one had the distinctive HK date stamp (two letters) and while the rest were also stamped "9mmx19", the single mag with the date code had a very noticable difference in the quality of the stamping of the 9mmx19.

Has HK ever made MP5 mags without a date code or with crappy looking 9mmx19 stampings?

Could these none date coded mags be POF?

Thanks!

Chris
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I understand the newest German H&K mags don't have any date codes, just 9x19mm stamped at the bottom.

So the real question is, how can you tell the difference between POF mags and newer H&K mags?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:15:45 PM EDT
[#2]
They could have easily solved this problem by putting a "nitro" stamp on ALL of their mags(or any kind of proof stamp).... then no one would be wondering where they came from or who the fuck made them...

HK, they are just unbelievably stupid sometimes !

Just buy some POF mags and be done with it... or buy HK from a very reputable source online. There are many HK mag sources online... but you are going to pay the price  

Go over to Sturm... a very good source that I have bought from recently has some HK mags for sale at damn good prices.

Oh and to answer your question.... with HK magazines you can never tell...

Most likely though... if you are in doubt, then they are not H&K.

Take a picture of the mags in question, we should be able to help you out then.

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
They could have easily solved this problem by putting a "nitro" stamp on ALL of their mags(or any kind of proof stamp).... then no one would be wondering where they came from or who the fuck made them...
they are just unbelievably stupid sometimes !
Just buy some POF mags and be done with it... or buy HK from a very reputable source online. There are many HK mag sources online... but you are going to pay the price  
Go over to Sturm... a very good source that I have bought from recently has some HK mags for sale at damn good prices.
Oh and to answer your question.... with HK magazines you can never tell...
Most likely though... if you are in doubt, then they are not H&K.
Take a picture of the mags in question, we should be able to help you out then.

The problem is that I already paid the price.  I bought 5 "HK" mp5 magazines, yet only one of the 5 has a date code,  and on the other 4, the weld marks are different,  the 9x19 stamp is very different, etc, etc.

I also got my hands on some other HK mags and they were all date coded and were as advertised.

I think I need to email the gentleman I bought the mags from about this.  I paid "HK" prices and got POF items.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
The POF mags that I have and have seen have "POF" marked on them.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top