Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:10:29 PM EDT
Hey guys.  Does anyone know the history behind the KP model? Did HK actually make one like this and just never imported it into the U.S. or is the KP a JLD creation?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a JLD creation.  A good one I say.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So would I.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
if you didn't catch this in American Rifleman...........

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#4]
The KP design is essentially a G3K with a 16" barel from my understanding. This being the case, HK DID produce the G3K, but never sold a civvie version.

The PTR91K lends itself to a G3K conversion easily from my meager research- simply cutting down the barrel to 12.8" and possibly replacing the bolt locking piece (some guys haven't had to)
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The KP design is essentially a G3K with a 16" barel from my understanding. This being the case, HK DID produce the G3K, but never sold a civvie version.

The PTR91K lends itself to a G3K conversion easily from my meager research- simply cutting down the barrel to 12.8" and possibly replacing the bolt locking piece (some guys haven't had to)

The point is HK never made rifle that's exactly like the KP, they never made G3k with 16" barrel, not for civvies, not for anybody.  

The KP in my opinion is a surperior set up compared to the G3k because the G3k barrel is too short to utilize the full potential of the 7.62, not to mention you loose accuracy and controllability.  The KP has the ability to accept a bayonet whereas the G3k cannot.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I think the shorter barrel was originally made for airborne troops but with a holding stock instead of what is now offer by JLD.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:26:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I'm in love.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I agree.  My KP is a sweety!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top