Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 5:28:02 PM EDT
It looks like there is a hole for mounting a sling attachment where the stock and the receiver meet on the left side. Has anyone attached something there? I would rather attach my sling there.

THanks
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:07:01 PM EDT
[#1]

The above picture is of the MP5K stock but the MP5 stock is similar without the sling loop on the top and without the extra pin attachment on top.

If you are talking about the oblong hole, then no you can't mount anything there -- that's where the catch that keeps the stock locked open goes.

You could use a sling pin through the normal low pin hole, that would be close to the same location.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:08:29 PM EDT
[#2]

The above picture is of the MP5K 11.25" stock but the MP5 stock is similar without the sling loop on the top and without the extra pin attachment on top.

If you are talking about the oblong hole, then no you can't mount anything there -- that's where the catch that keeps the stock locked open goes.

You could use a sling pin through the normal low pin hole, that would be close to the same location.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:23:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't see the hole I'm talking about in those pictures.

That is a good idea about using the pin. Where can I get a pin with a ring hole on it?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't see the hole I'm talking about in those pictures.

That is a good idea about using the pin. Where can I get a pin with a ring hole on it?

I use a sling with clips on it and attach to the holes you see in the forward part of the stock.

This is who I get my HK parts from...
Phil Flack
P.F. Custom Guns
18 Sunset Drive
Asheville, NC  28806

(828)252-9487  phone
(828)254-7108  FAX
(828)231-9487  cell

Thanks Michael!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's a pic of mine with the 10" stock which has some additional sling attachment points.. Do you see the hole in this pic?

I put one clip through the sling pin and the other clip through the attachment point on the bottom edge of the stock.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:37:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Here's a pic of mine with the 10" stock which has some additional sling attachment points.. Do you see the hole in this pic?

I put one clip through the sling pin and the other clip through the attachment point on the bottom edge of the stock.

contentproviders.com/images/sw5bt_aimpoint.jpg

It's on the other side. Don't suppose you could take a picture of the area where the stock joins to the rifle?

BTW...nice rifle!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:39:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I just happen to have a pic of the left with the sling pin installed:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I just happen to have a pic of the left with the sling pin installed:

contentproviders.com/images/sw5ambi_l.jpg

hmmm...I don't see the hole.

Is that an eyelet push pin? That would work. Where can I get one of those?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:00:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:58:05 PM EDT
[#11]
I looked again. The hole I'm talking about isn't show in your pictures Vandal. The hole is up and left  of the elongated hole for the latch.

Thanks for looking Michael
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#12]
The hole is apprently for a sling swivel. I bought some uncle mikes swivels at Academy for $8 I had to drill the hole a little larger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Apparently there is some confusion but the hole is an option --

HKPRO Discussion

I wish I had a hole there. I dare not drill one though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top