Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2005 3:33:26 PM EDT
This one got approved to become a short barreled rifle this week.  With the tax stamp in hand she became much more than a range toy...

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:35:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, now do you actually use a helmet or do you just like the way that stock looks?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:43:37 PM EDT
[#2]
The look I like a lot but mainly I just liked the fact that it is adjustable in length plus it folds.  This is just about the only stock available for the SP89/BW89/MP5K that collapses.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks nice.. but what about cheekweld
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:29:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice looking set up
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:46:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Does cheekweld actually matter when you're shooting a subgun with an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Probably not when the mount sits that high.

Nice gun.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's no Aimpoint vandal but your point was made.  

Skammy, the SP89 (the gun this Bobcat was designed to copy) didn't have any type of rear stock when it came out. The rear stock was added later. With that in mind, even with only the iron sights this gun was designed as a first defense weapon, made to be shot off the shoulder using a sling. ANY stock is an improvement to no stock at all.

The design of the HK SP89 (Bobcat BW89) is job specific. Concealable firepower.  For more tactical situations calling for longer range and/or assault purposes, the operator would probably opt to use a full sized MP5 or HK53.

Accomplice,

NICE GUN DUDE! I notice that you swapped the metal lower with the plastic....NICE!!! I just got a Brugger & Thromet rear stock too, but I decided to go with the skeletonized "UMP" style for my Bobcat. GREAT gun again. What did you use to finish the barrel with after you removed the fake can?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:39:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's no Aimpoint vandal but your point was made.  

Skammy, the SP89 (the gun this Bobcat was designed to copy) didn't have any type of rear stock when it came out. The rear stock was added later. With that in mind, even with only the iron sights this gun was designed as a first defense weapon, made to be shot off the shoulder using a sling. ANY stock is an improvement to no stock at all.

The design of the HK SP89 (Bobcat BW89) is job specific. Concealable firepower.  For more tactical situations calling for longer range and/or assault purposes, the operator would probably opt to use a full sized MP5 or HK53.

Accomplice,

NICE GUN DUDE! I notice that you swapped the metal lower with the plastic....NICE!!! I just got a Brugger & Thromet rear stock too, but I decided to go with the skeletonized "UMP" style for my Bobcat. GREAT gun again. What did you use to finish the barrel with after you removed the fake can?

Thanks for the positive review.  Mine actually never had the fake can.  It was a pistol without a stock.  Once, registered as an SBR, I just slapped a stock on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:59:59 PM EDT
[#9]
On the BW89PDW, how hard is it to remove the fake can once it's SBR'ed
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
On the BW89PDW, how hard is it to remove the fake can once it's SBR'ed

WAY easier than taking off a pinned and welded AR15 compensator. Only one of the 3 'lugs' on the barrel is welded. Simply use a dremel with a small stone tip and dig out the weld. The fake supressor is pressed on pretty snug and you'll have to "work" it out slowly after the weld is ground off.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top