Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:08:40 PM EDT
Just got a reply from Top-Notch......
SEE BELOW!

"we no longer sell the (MP5) stamped receivers we have a limited number of cast ones for sale and that is it"

Now what?

Edit to add: "once those are gone no more will be sold"
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:10:33 PM EDT
[#1]
what else is new?
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:15:16 PM EDT
[#2]
When did they stop with the sheet metal ones? Are the cast ones any better??
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:17:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Those cast ones are probably left over from when they switched from cast to stamped.  I'm sure all their stamped recievers are being shipped to Bobcat Weapons b/c they are swamped with orders right now.  Seems everyone wants an HK94 clone right now.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I am sooooo not trying to be an ASS here Dawg, but you might try using the search & archive engine on this site...

The Cast receivers are old news.

This is one of the biggest dramas you will ever encounter... I mean the drama between "ORF" and "SW/BW/TW/TN"
You see, there is a special reason why we cannot buy bare stamped receivers anymore....Bobcat is not the only reason.

If you really want to get stuck in some deep shit then you will pursue a custom MP5 build  
Believe me on this one.

If you don't have parts yet and you really want an MP5 clone... then go buy a Bobcat and be done with it.

You will be taking a pretty big nose dive if you think this custom clone thing is going to be easy.

If you want a true custom gun without the worry of the parts count, receiver BS, and parts kit availability... then go to Top-Notch and buy a complete parts kit that includes the STAMPED receiver (1100.00), send it to your smith and there you have it.

Last thing.... the cast receivers have been used for many a good build, they are perfectly fine... their only drawbacks are that they don't finish out as well and that they are slightly heavier than stamped. Other than that.. and their inherent "out of spec. nature" they are perfectly fine for a clone build. With their weight comes strength too... they are a bit tougher than stamped. But that is the nature of all gun receivers that are cast/milled compared to stamped ones  

Good luck.

-bones
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:01:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I am sooooo not trying to be an ASS here Dawg, but you might try using the search & archive engine on this site...

The Cast receivers are old news.

This is one of the biggest dramas you will ever encounter... I mean the drama between "ORF" and "SW/BW/TW/TN"
You see, there is a special reason why we cannot buy bare stamped receivers anymore....Bobcat is not the only reason.

If you really want to get stuck in some deep shit then you will pursue a custom MP5 build  
Believe me on this one.

If you don't have parts yet and you really want an MP5 clone... then go buy a Bobcat and be done with it.

You will be taking a pretty big nose dive if you think this custom clone thing is going to be easy.

If you want a true custom gun without the worry of the parts count, receiver BS, and parts kit availability... then go to Top-Notch and buy a complete parts kit that includes the STAMPED receiver (1100.00), send it to your smith and there you have it.

Last thing.... the cast receivers have been used for many a good build, they are perfectly fine... their only drawbacks are that they don't finish out as well and that they are slightly heavier than stamped. Other than that.. and their inherent "out of spec. nature" they are perfectly fine for a clone build. With their weight comes strength too... they are a bit tougher than stamped. But that is the nature of all gun receivers that are cast/milled compared to stamped ones  

Good luck.

-bones

That's cool. I remember reading (a little) about a bunch of drama going on between FAC and ORF and SW I think. But I didn't follow it too much. It was a shock to me because I called top-notch a month ago and he didn't tell me they would never get the stamped ones in. Only said they had more receivers coming in this month. I appreciate you using the kid gloves on me. I wasn't looking to get flamed. I appreciate your help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top