Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2005 10:31:03 PM EDT
As many other people here are thinking and contemplateing on buying a MP5 clone. I as well as many others don't know which to buy. So if any one has actually bought one and own one please place your thoughts, comments, bitches, pros, cons ect ect here so all of us that are wanting to buy a MP5 clone can make a very good informed decision. Thanks guys.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:14:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I built a MP5SF clone on a cast reciever from FAC and a cut up postie.  It runs like a raped ape.
The cast reciever although heavy, it one tough SOB.  Anyone who has welded or drilled one can attest to that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Cast receiver from FAC would be an SW receiver, yes?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:18:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Cast receiver from FAC would be an SW receiver, yes?

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
yes
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:53:54 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm particullary interested in the bobcat weapons MP5. Any comments on this gun guys?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a SW receiver and POF parts kit (SBR parts no an issue)and Jayson at IGF build one for me. Looks and runs perfect semi or with registered sear. He also build one for a friend of mine with SW parts kit same deal runs great.

Now Top Notch will put them together for you also and pretty cheap since your buying all there parts, and the stuff I saw looked good. So there is an options to just buying Bobcat, not that theres anything wrong with that but the nice thing about having one custom build is you can add or remove features your interested in or have stampings put on it. Jayson has since refinished my MP5 clone, stamped MP5-N on top and treaded and capped the barrel for my suppressor.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm particullary interested in the bobcat weapons MP5. Any comments on this gun guys?

I just ordered one myself, after evaluating the alternatives...

I think it's probably the best/cheapest way to go, at the moment - "upgrades" and potential issues can be worked out later.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Wise decision Ky    

Post pics and a review when you get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top