Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2005 9:08:11 PM EDT
Do you guys feel that purchasing an HK-94 now would be a risky investment? By meaning of HK starting production on them again and making a new civilian model MP5?

Other question is can you mount a KAC MP5 rail system on the front of a 94?

Thanks guys ;)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:42:06 PM EDT
[#1]
H&K won't be making HK94s again, not in this universe.

As to your second question, yes.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

As to your second question, yes.

Agreed on both counts.  No way will HK build the 9X series again.

Bastards!    

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Agreed.

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:46:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont buy guns as an investment.  Pieces like HKs will hold their value but will not go up.  Especially if you shoot them.  I have a new HK 91, 94 and an SP 89.  I dont shoot them and they sit in my safe. Exactly worth what I paid for them 10 years ago.  Expect the 89 I bought for $1000. Now its tripled its value. But my 91 you could still buy for $2300.  I paid $1800 for it.  You could make a bigger profit putting your money into something else.

I bougtht my guns because I like them and I enjoy them.  Not as investment.

So I have a SW5 and a SAR 3 that I shoot in lieu of the real things.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Do not buy a HK94 for an investment.  The time to buy for investment was 17 years ago, not today.
Buy an HK94 because you always wanted to own a piece of H&K German history.  
Also because you want to shoot the hell out of it!  
Don't plan on owning a safe queen, it will just take up space and you will loose out because they are very fun guns to shoot.  Looking at guns, is not that exciting.
The amount of money you will tie up, is not a good thing either.   These guns are not cheap.

Believe it or not, I have felt the BEST gun investments right now, are in SBR's and Silencers.
My gutt feeling is, these will not be $200 tax stamps forever.

Enjoy
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree with the posters about not buying  the HK as an investment. I would recommend
putting the money in guns you'll shoot and enjoy.

I also don't believe HK will ever again build 90 series guns for the civilian market.
I would suggest buying an HK clone and you'll have 2-3k left over.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:04:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm not buying it as an "investment" per say. I love HK's and want to have an unfired one to collect. I meant at the price I'm paying $3800, will it retain that value.......not necessarily increase.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm not buying it as an "investment" per say. I love HK's and want to have an unfired one to collect. I meant at the price I'm paying $3800, will it retain that value.......not necessarily increase.

What part of WI are you from? because if you live close to me you can shoot my HK94.

Here is my take on HKs. Number one HKs hold their value, and  number two will go up in price....however they will not keep sky rocketing up in price unless there is another AWB.

Just in the last two weeks there has been a trickle of used HK94s that were ex police guns that have hit the market, and are selling for $2500. Most have sold, but there are some out there for around  $3000.

I paid $2700 for mine, a year ago. and I am sure that it has held its value. I am also sure that I could sell that HK94 today and make a profit.

If I were you, I would look into picking up a police trade in HK94 before they dry up. You will save a lot of money, be able to shoot it and not feel bad that it was a NIB 94. Also, should you ever decide to sell it there are plenty of HK auto sears owners that would like a factory HK 94 to make a SBR MP5 host.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 11:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
This will make you all cry.  I paid $499 each for my HK94, HK91, HK93, 770, SL6.  All from HK back in the day when they would sell to any FFL they had on File.  Only fired the 93 once 1 mag about 15 years ago.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top