Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 8:02:21 AM EDT
Has anyone used G-Man Weapons, in Georgia, to shorten a barrel and install a 3 lug adaptor on a HK94?
I'm about 1 month away fron a federal SBR approval and am looking for a place in state.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 4:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I haven't heard anything about them. What is their contact info?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
They have a web-sight (Gman.com)and were mentioned before on AR-15.com, but I can't find where or when.
Would you know anyone else in Georgia that would do this type of work with an HK94?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:42:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately not. I've looked for some time for an experienced gunsmith
in Georgia who could do an HK barrel change but with no luck so far. That's what
perked my interest in your post. I will try to call them one day this week.
You may want to do a post on Buddy's board at:

www.sturmgewehr.com/webBBS/general.cgi

and ask for references.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:14:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I just tried the website...the one you have listed (Gman.com) is for a software company.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:37:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep!  Type in 'G-man weaponry'.  It's not the easiest site to get around, but may be the only game in town.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:44:02 AM EDT
[#6]
G-man did my transfer of my suppressor and it went smooth as glass, and he was very helpful. If his business handling is any indication, I'd trust him to do the barrel work.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:31:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Kletzenklueffer:  Thanks, appreciate it.  He was very helpful to me also, but it's always good to hear from someone who had had actual dealings with him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:20:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Not sure about the work for which you originally asked Bill, but I called
him yesterday and asked about HK barrel changes. He does NOT provide
that service.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#9]
edmann99:  I asked him if he could cut and thread a HK94 barrel without removing it from the receiver (which is the best way to do it?)
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:54:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Well, if it were mine Bill I would buy an HK German barrel for the 94. You can get pulls from
MP5s for around $350-400.  Doing that will keep your resale value on the 94 high.
Now if it were a clone I would say cut the barrel down and install the adapter.

Hope this helps.

ETA: I hope this answers your question.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#11]
It does -disreguard my e-mail.  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top