Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 3:01:07 AM EDT
Ok so get this.  Found an SL-8 at one of my local gun-shops a few months back and fell in love with it from the time I first set my eyes on it.  Problem is this shop in which it resides is notoriously on the high side of pricing on all thier firearms.  Being that I know next to nothing about this particular riflle I thought I'd come on here and ask you all for your input.  Whats the going rate for one of these?  On a side note this rifle is there on consignment as the previous owner supposedly lost his FID card sadly due to "mental problems".  Ok how much is good and how much is too much for a SL- with a low end ATN scope on it???  Thanks for your time and consideration.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:50:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have seen them from $1000 to $1500. I would check gunbroker first and see if you can find it cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:53:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Thnx for the reply and the info.  The gun store wants like $2100.00 and it seemed high.  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:36:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy Bat Turds, that is WAY too high.  You can still buy them for $1100.

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure the SL8-1 you buy comes with everything. Mine came with 3 mags, a sling, a lock, and a nice little HK tool with all the proper screw drivers for dissasembly.

I paid $1200 NIB about a year ago.

EDIT: If it is a used gun, check the bolt for any hairline cracks, and that the bolt catch still works. That is an issue with the SL8. I believe you can still get the bolt replaced under warrenty through HK.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top