Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 5:49:17 PM EDT
Hey,

I was looking through Shotgun News and found an ad for a company called MFI.

CLICK HERE FOR HTTP://WWW.MFIAP.COM

They sell a clever device that looks like this:

CLICK HERE FOR DESCRIPTION

Price is $135, but they're selling them for $105 now.

I am very interested.  Has anyone had any experience with this product, or the company?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:13:45 PM EDT
[#1]
For that price, I'd just get a B&T mount.  They start out at 105 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:10:07 AM EDT
[#2]
i've heard good and bad. they're an airsoft company that makes parts that will work on real weps as well. their quality control isn't as nice as dedicated real gun companies, but some of their stuff is a LOT less expensive.

the owner's a bit of a pompous jerk...
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 4:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For that price, I'd just get a B&T mount.  They start out at 105 bucks.

Can you provide a pointer?  I have heard B&T mentioned before, but I can't recall what it stands for.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:16:41 AM EDT
[#4]
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=BT212621&storeid=1&image=bthkmnts.gif

Even their most expensive mount is only like 20 bucks more than the airsoft mount.  There's no reason at all to not get the B&T.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:08:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got the B&T Universal mount on a PTR-91.  I really like it.  After screwing around with Tapco's clawmount, I went this way and I haven't looked back.  The eye relief of these mounts is better (in my opinion) than the clawmounts too.  DSA is great to do business with as well.

Definitely try the B&T out.  Given the choice between an American airsoft accessory that probably works on real guns too, or a Swiss accessory designed for the real deal for only slightly more, I'd go for the Swiss option.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#6]
If you act quickly you can pick up a B&T mount for $60.  Click on the link below.  I personally own two of these mounts, purchased them from the seller a few months ago.  I also own a real B&T mount.  I was able to compare them side by side and they were identical.  You will want to read through the thread b/c there are some who doubt that they are original B&T mounts b/c they are not marked.  But I talked to this guy (he lives near me in TN) and before I purchased the mounts he told me that he got these from his brother-in-law who just passed away and they had been sitting in a box for years.  That at least makes it feasible that they were original B&T mounts that were unmarked (per the post in the thread where someone asked B&T directly).  Also, I have another B&T mount for my MP5 that was marked by Aimpoint and not B&T.

Anyway, it seems like a good alternative if you want to give one of these a try.  One thing to keep in mind, the mount being sold in the link below will work on the MP5, 33 and G3 (or 94, 93 and 91)... but you cannot co-witness.  The only mount that allows co-witness will only work on the MP5, and it is 10266... and it only works with an Aimpoint (or similar design like Tacpoint).

B&T mounts for $60 on hkpro.com
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you act quickly you can pick up a B&T mount for $60.  Click on the link below.  I personally own two of these mounts, purchased them from the seller a few months ago.  I also own a real B&T mount.  I was able to compare them side by side and they were identical.  You will want to read through the thread b/c there are some who doubt that they are original B&T mounts b/c they are not marked.  But I talked to this guy (he lives near me in TN) and before I purchased the mounts he told me that he got these from his brother-in-law who just passed away and they had been sitting in a box for years.  That at least makes it feasible that they were original B&T mounts that were unmarked (per the post in the thread where someone asked B&T directly).  Also, I have another B&T mount for my MP5 that was marked by Aimpoint and not B&T.

Anyway, it seems like a good alternative if you want to give one of these a try.  One thing to keep in mind, the mount being sold in the link below will work on the MP5, 33 and G3 (or 94, 93 and 91)... but you cannot co-witness.  The only mount that allows co-witness will only work on the MP5, and it is 10266... and it only works with an Aimpoint (or similar design like Tacpoint).

B&T mounts for $60 on hkpro.com

I jumped on the offer.  I'll let you know how it works out.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the B&T mount.  It's not up to spec, about the only thing that would go on that mount is my EOTech.  LaRue, ARMS and KAC mounts will not work with it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I have the B&T mount.  It's not up to spec, about the only thing that would go on that mount is my EOTech.  LaRue, ARMS and KAC mounts will not work with it.

I plan to mount a plain ol' un-tactical rifle scope with plain-ol' every day un-tactical scope rings....  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#10]
i think b&t stands for "brugger & thomet". swiss company?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:34:08 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
i think b&t stands for "brugger & thomet". swiss company?

Correct.

Brügger & Thomet AG (B&T) was established in May 1991 by Mr. Karl Brügger and Mr.
Heinrich Thomet.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:13:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Guys,

I just got the rail from the link that SigKev provided.  The seller was very prompt and easy to work with via email.  Total cost was $65 deliverd to my door via UPSP.

It seems to be very nice.  The finish is very smooth and even.  No evidence of machine marks anywhere.  Crisp clean edges, centered holes, it just looed great.

I had no trouble putting it on my PTR91.  And after easing it into place and carefully snugging down the screws, I am very impressed.  I like the way it locks over the rear sight base and is very snug, no evidence of sliding at all.  I like how it is low enough to leave the iron sights usable, and that it doesn't interfere in any way with take down of the rifle.  And heh, it even looks great.

Someone on HKPro whined that it may not be a real B&T because there is no B&T marks on it.  Seller claims that the model number from B&T slightly varied over the years, but that this is a real B&T mount.  Since I've never seen any other B&T product, I can't tell.

All I can say is that it is definitely a high-quality piece of work.

All I have to do now is find a set of rings for my scope.  At some point I'll poke my nose back over here and let you know how it works.

Thanks for the advice.  And thanks SigKev that was a great deal.  BTW I think he said I got the last one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top