Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2005 8:02:10 PM EDT
So who makes them and who sells them????
I'm all ears.

Who's receiver is better? Top-notch (SW) or P.O.F.? Anyone had any experience with them?
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 8:45:47 PM EDT
[#1]
1.Special Weapons (Todd Bailey) Maker... I say that loosely.
2.Top-Notch (Todd Bailey) Sole-Retailer

That's it.. no one else makes anything any closer. He claims the receivers are in spec.... but... well..... Get yourself a talented gunsmith to fix it.

With that aside... they turn a nice parts kit into a pretty nice gun.

Check'm out. At least they are producing a product for the market  

Can't knock'm for that.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:37:56 PM EDT
[#2]
If I had a dollar for every time I heard that question,.........

It sure does surprise me to find, only ONE manufacturer actually makes a HK94/MP5 receiver.

Quality cast AR receivers coming out your ears and most priced at $125.  Now you look at a cheap stamped MP5 receiver and no one seems to be able to do it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]
....friggin amazing isn't it??  We can put a man on the moon, make celeron warpdrives, and numerous other high-speed $hit, but only one HK type receiver on the market.

WHAT GIVES?

HKCAPTN
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:59:49 PM EDT
[#4]
it also makes me wonder just how hard it is to stamp a piece of sheet metal.  HK did the R&D already, all you gotta do now is copy it!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:36:34 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Who's receiver is better? Top-notch (SW) or P.O.F.? Anyone had any experience with them?

P.O.F. does not make a reciever, they use a HK licensed Pakistanian manufactured reciever, which is better than SW, however, illegal for civilians to own  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

P.O.F. does not make a reciever, they use a HK licensed Pakistanian manufactured reciever, which is better than SW, however, illegal for civilians to own  

Why are they illegal for civilians?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Why are they illegal for civilians?

because they are not American made, there was talk of P.O.F. trying to import the dies so they could manufacture their own which would be perfectly spec'd, but I wouldnt hold your breath
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:49:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Because they are machine gun receivers, plus they are not allowed to be imported per the '89 EO.

ETA : Yeah, POF has been trying for years to get that shit over here, but to no avail.... You can thank Pakistan for that     because POF-USA has tried their best !
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:52:15 PM EDT
[#10]
SO if you were to choose between building a kit from a real HK kit using an SW receiver or a POF kit using SW reciever (at half the price). Which would you do?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
SO if you were to choose between building a kit from a real HK kit using an SW receiver or a POF kit using SW reciever (at half the price). Which would you do?

Damn good question... I've asked myself the same question many times...

I would use the SW receiver and the POF parts and be done with it !

If a better receiver were to make it to market... then I would think about investing in an HK kit and a spec'd receiver....

Go with the SW & POF combo.... a good smith will make you one helluva gun.

Go Jackets  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top