Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2005 4:38:37 PM EDT
Just bought a brand new hk tatical shotgun My first semi auto shotgun took it shooting today and it keeps jamming. It eaither fails to eject the shell all the way or fails to load a new one a few times it did shoot multiple rounds with out jamming or failing to feed. The shot gun came with a 2? or3 shot extension installed on it and I was using estate 2 3/4 game shot loads. Is this something simple or does it need to be serviced.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Big Duke Six

(GOD I love the smell of Napalm in the Morning - It smells like....    Victory!!)

Two things.  

First is that your new gun is probably a bit stiff until you break it in by shooting it a time (or hundred!).

Second, is that i sounds to me like you are using kind of "marginal" shotshells.  Try some USA made Name Brand (Win, Rem, Federal) BUCK shot and you should see a marked difference in the performance of your HK.

Hope it helps!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:25:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Most do not like light or medium loads.  Shoot heavy combat loads and you should not have problems.

You should also be able to shoot tactical buck and slug without problems.

Personally, I hate the politically correct tactical light loaded buck and slug.  I LOVE the heavy magnum loads and sabot slugs!

My thought is if you are gonna use a shotgun, use a heavy load to get the most out of the weapon platform!  Heavy loads never bothered me, flinching is not an issue, nor is the occational bruise.

I only begin to have limitations on round count when I fire my .450 Marlin, so hot shotgun loads are not an issue for me.

The tactical loads are very popular and don't beat you up as much... and should work in your auto.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It sounds like it is a ammo issue that makes sense. I will definetly be shooting some slugs and buck rounds out of it but i also want to use it for clay pigions,birds etc. What is a good spray round that will have enough power to cycle? Thanks guys for the info I was a little pissed after its first shoot today after reading this I feel a lot better
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 4:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Look for a heavy Dove or Field load.  (look for "high Brass on the shell)

You can get these in everything from 7's to 2's so you shouldn't have any problems hunting up some dinner or knocking down some clays (just don't confuse the two!!)

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Two types of actions on the market,  

The first is the gas system guns that cycle about anything that you throw in them. These actions are tailored around light loads, and tend to beat them selves to death when feed heavy recoiling loads.

The second is the inertia system, and depending how the springs are set up, need full strong loads to make them cycle.  Add throwing on items like getting the round count to 20 in/on the shotgun, and you better have some stout loads to make the action cycle over the added weight slowing down the gun movement.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top