Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2005 7:09:57 AM EDT
Im going to buy a 94 clone soon & ran across these parts www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=27662900 would I be able to use most of them to build a complete semi auto gun on a 9mm receiver & how hard would it be to do that anyway? Thanks in advance for any help .
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#1]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=47&t=245100

Hey Hunter check the above thread! thebomber is a heck of a guy, and I think this is what you are looking for

Sean
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:35:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=47&t=245100

Hey Hunter check the above thread! thebomber is a heck of a guy, and I think this is what you are looking for

Sean

I got your IM thanks for the heads up
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:47:28 AM EDT
[#3]
hunter,
Another IM inbound

Sean
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:39:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Pity they cut across the magwell.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 4:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hunter...

I bought a MP5/40 kit for the same reason.  I want to have it built up using an ORF receiver and the proper amount of US parts.  I really want a 10mm but finding the barrel has proved to be impossible.  From what I have heard from smiths who do these conversions, it is a pretty difficult task and as I have foudn out darn expensive.  To get the 9mm receiver to work with .40 SW mags you need the whole 40 SW mag well (I believe that is CaptainKevin made his comment), you then remove the 9mm mag well and replace it with the 40 SW which is a hefty task for the average person.  Not to mention the bolt hold open modification.

CaptainKevin - Are you talking about the diagonal cut that got the front upper part of the mag well?  How do you need to cut these to make the mag well a suitable donor on a 9mm receiver?  Not flaming or anything, I just really need the information...

Oh, I have heard rumors from several sites that Vector is planning on making .40 SW and 10mm MP5/40-10 clones in the near future.  Who knows if this will actually happen, but it would be nice...

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 6:22:30 PM EDT
[#6]

CaptainKevin - Are you talking about the diagonal cut that got the front upper part of the mag well?  How do you need to cut these to make the mag well a suitable donor on a 9mm receiver?  Not flaming or anything, I just really need the information...

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.  They used to cut the receiver behind the magwell, leaving the magwell itself completely intact.  I don't know if the one in the Gunbroker link would be salvagable or not.
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Vector Arms is releasing 40sw and 10mm clones. They should be under $1,400 as well.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Vector Arms is releasing 40sw and 10mm clones. They should be under $1,400 as well.  

I'm in!
Link Posted: 1/11/2005 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Special Weapons is involved in that, so, take it for what it's worth.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top