Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2005 6:01:02 AM EDT
I have a G36C foreward. I added the 2 side rails and a single front rail. I noticed on the 6 o'clock postion that before (looking down the barrel) the installed rail there are 2 additional mounting points for another rail. Wit hthat rail the 6 o'clock postion would be twice as long. Anyone know if that rail is just an addtional rail segment or something special?  

Thanks,

Hep  
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 7:56:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a G36C foreward. I added the 2 side rails and a single front rail. I noticed on the 6 o'clock postion that before (looking down the barrel) the installed rail there are 2 additional mounting points for another rail. Wit hthat rail the 6 o'clock postion would be twice as long. Anyone know if that rail is just an addtional rail segment or something special?  

Thanks,

Hep  

I do not think that they are mounting points.  The rivets that hold the heat shield in place are in there.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks,

Hep  

I do not think that they are mounting points.  The rivets that hold the heat shield in place are in there.

Hey Raptor!

Thanks for posting.

Duh. I think I knew that....since I drilled out the points to remove the HS. I pulled the foreward out and noticed the 2 points and wondered if I forgot to aquire a rail for it. Sheeeesh, time for more coffee. Too bad a longer 6 o'clock rail isn't to be had.

Thanks agin, good to "hear" from you.

Hep
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Out of interest, where did you get the rails? I have a 36C and need some.

Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top