Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Eh, wot?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 9:58:12 AM EDT
[#2]
clones.............
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:25:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, yeah, clones, but where are you hearing this from?  I've heard nothing about Vector tooling up to make basic MP5 clones, let alone 10s or 40s.  And by March?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#4]
"Vector says..."

"Yes, we are expecting them in stock in March.  ARound $1100.  "
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 11:01:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I inquired from Vector a couple months ago about weather they where considering producing a MP5 clone in the future and the response I received from them, is that they where not interested.

The feeling I got was they didn't what to step on Special Weapons toes.  Maybe there is a connect between the two companies?

Who knows, maybe they changed their minds?  Maybe they will be marketing them similar to Bobcat?
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
HEY EVERYONE....
I ASKED THEM < VECTOR ARMS > IF THEY WERE GOING TO VEGAS...FOR THE BIG SHOW.
THEY TOLD ME , NO.....
I THEN ASKED THEM IF THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE AN MP5 CLONE AND
THEY TOLD ME  THAT THEY WERE GOING TO MAKE A 40SW AND A 10MM......
SHE SAID , MAYBE  IN   APRIL.......
I HOPE ITS TRUE........

Link Posted: 1/5/2005 4:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I called Vector yesterday and got on the pre-order list. To get on the list call and talk to Rex (Tel: (801) 295-1917). Skammy, your right, they should be around $1100 and shooting for March delivery.   It will also be availiable in 357 SIG. Here is a list of what they are supposed to build:
fs RIFLE IN 10 MM, 40 AND 357 SIG
sbr MP5 TYPE IN 10MM, 40 AND 357 SIG
SP89 PISTOL IN 10MM, 40 AND 357 SIG
pdw RIFLE IN 10MM, 40 AND 357 SIG
PDW SBR IN 10 MM, 40 AND 357 SIG
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
I hope Special Weapons isn't wrapped up in this.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:18:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I hope Special Weapons isn't wrapped up in this.

GET OVER IT
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:26:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Get over what, Special Weapons being a shit company I don't want to give my money to?

How about no.
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#11]
SP89 pistol in 10mm.  Now there is a heck of a CCW weapon!
Link Posted: 1/5/2005 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Get over what, Special Weapons being a shit company I don't want to give my money to?

How about no.

+1

Even if their product improved, Todd Bailey is such a complete asshole, that I personally wouldn't want anything to do with his firearms.

Hey, if you dig special weapons stuff, have at it. Definately not a company, or more specifically, a person I'd ever give one nickle to.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 12:33:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Since when did SW have anything to do with Vector. Vector is an upstanding company that produces a grade A awsome product at a low price. Go to  the http://www.uzitalk.com/ forms and ask the guys there about Vector, nothing but praise.

Also, 1,100 seems LOW. Seeing thier 53's go for $1,400.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:04:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Vector must like SW parts from top notch!  Check this trigger housing; http://www.top-notchparts.com/MP5%20parts/hk94%200-1%20lower.htm .  States used by Vector and JLD!  Do you think they use there parts?  Im sure!
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:29:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Their web site does not reference the MP5 clone, but the 53 looks pretty good

Seen here

In fact, I intend to look into one of their products and see if they are the real thing re: quality performance, customer service etc.

anybody got an opinion on them? (Vector or the 53 style offerings)
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Just got a reply back from Vector, they're expecting them to be around 1450.
Link Posted: 1/6/2005 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#17]
check this out
http://www.hk-54.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=118&start=30
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 1:34:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
anybody got an opinion on them? (Vector or the 53 style offerings)

Yes. I'm told they are an awsome company, grade A customer service and a great product. Check out Uzitalk. Those guys swear by Vector. From my experince Vector is as good a company as ORF.  I don't see where you guys are getting all this doubt and distrust for Vector from. Anyone car to explain?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Just talked w/ Michelle @ Vector Arms, added my name to the list.  Claims $1500 mid-March on the 10mm.
She couldn't specify if it would be available in SBR w/ pin-weld FS or straight 16" barrel.

Am I mistaken? Aren't the Vectors straight blowback?  No rollers?
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 2:44:51 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Am I mistaken? Aren't the Vectors straight blowback?  No rollers?

You might be thinking of the Vulcan Arms HK94 clone.
Link Posted: 1/24/2005 3:12:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Ahh... yup yup.  I must be.

So the Vectors are of true to the original design? That's much better, but to be honest, I'd buy it either way.  I've wanted a MP5/10 since '94 probably when I learned of their existance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2005 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#22]
I know Vector gets the receivers from Special Weapons......the A3 stocks are also from SW....I'm sure a lot more is too.

I first was told this by Todd Bailey, then Vector said they get the stuff from an outside source and wouldn't say who.

It could be just coincidence that SW is in the process of building MP40/10 clones and that Vector will be getting them soon (when SW finishes them???)

I have no problem with Vector or SW, just letting you know what I know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 9:44:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/28/2005 9:52:49 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
These are only marketed by Vector it is manufactured by someone else.  With Vector's repution, i trust the gun will be a fine clone of the original HK.

I only like to find out what configuration it will be in.  I want a 3 prone barrel with a pin in fake suppressor and pin plastic lower with mag flap.  I don't might paying a bit more for it.  1500 is not a bad start.  I always thing the original MP5/40 as the best SMG ever produced.  Cal's is selling magazine for about 58 dollars each.

I think it would be impossible for it not to come with a paddle mag release.
Link Posted: 1/30/2005 8:32:35 AM EDT
[#25]
I hope it comes with the last shot hold open device.
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#26]
I am a big fan of the MP5/10mm.

I called today and got on the list.

10mmPhil
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Cal's is selling magazine for about 58 dollars each.

Where is this Cal's of which you speak... and do they also carry 10mm mags?
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 1:33:20 PM EDT
[#28]
chuck;

check this link

www.calssportingarmory.com
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Does anyone have any SOLID information from the people who are selling or making these?  I would love to jump on the wagon for a 10mm but I won't do it until I get some specs...

Will it have a paddle mag release?
Will it take the original 40SW/10mm HK magazines or is there a special mag they are using?
Are they built from parts kits or new manufacture parts?
How about the bolt hold open?

Hell, I bought a used HK MP5/40 parts kit to have built into one of these so you know I want one!

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/31/2005 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Spooky

How can it *not* have a paddle mag release?  MP5/10s and 40s are paddle mag release only.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 5:36:41 AM EDT
[#31]

The source of the pics

Yes, it looks like SW & Bailey are involved.  I'm still in.

I am curious on the mags, though.  I don't see 10mm mags on Cal's site.  Anyone talked to Vector about mags?  I could email them I guess, just don't want to if someone has already had an intelligent discussion with them about it.  Will 10 fit in the 40 mags?
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#32]
from cal's website

heckler&koch/magazines/caliber .40 s&w

MP5 .40 S&W/10mm spare 30-round **LEO marked**

i believe .40/10mm use same mag.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Those are just 'representative' pics, and not of the Bailey version.
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 9:27:12 AM EDT
[#34]

I am curious on the mags, though.  I don't see 10mm mags on Cal's site.  Anyone talked to Vector about mags?  I could email them I guess, just don't want to if someone has already had an intelligent discussion with them about it.  Will 10 fit in the 40 mags?

I looked in a downloadable magmanual.... Should'a done that first I guess, so I'll just come back and share:

Pg 93 of the manual references the "Magazine, 30 Round (10mm/.40S&W) 205131"

edited 'cause I got my murds wixed up
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 9:33:06 AM EDT
[#35]
MP5/10!!!

I need a better job...
Link Posted: 2/1/2005 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#36]
I'd love to have one.  I love the 10mm!
But after I've gotten so used to my AR, I just assume have a quality 10mm upper for that as long as I can find some 20-30 rounders for it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 4:10:38 PM EDT
[#37]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:

Spooky
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can it *not* have a paddle mag release? MP5/10s and 40s are paddle mag release only.

Who knows...  If HK was making it, that would guarantee a paddle mag.  The paddle release works with the mags, but only if they are like the original HK mags...  I haven't heard definitively who is making the mags...  So, I think we can only assume at this point (unless that picture is the real deal)...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/2/2005 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
So, I think we can only assume at this point (unless that picture is the real deal)...
Spooky

It isn't.  Even Todd says in the post that's from that he's yet to build a prototype.
Link Posted: 2/3/2005 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Yes, it looks like SW & Bailey are involved.  I'm still in.

Oh god no!!!

I will never buy it. Most of his stuff never works anyway
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 6:55:44 AM EDT
[#40]

Just to help us all out and to stay away from SW, what exact SW models to you have that don't work....just curious.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 10:32:59 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Just to help us all out and to stay away from SW, what exact SW models to you have that don't work....just curious.

Same question.  No offense to the original commentor.  Hopefully he'll have something to say *other* than "because everyone says he's an asshole."  I'm actually an obejctive listener.

At this point I'm curious, though, as to how much of this is experience, and how much of this is mindless "HIS NAME IS ROBERT PAULSON"esque mantra chanting.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Well, here is my experience with Special Weapons products.  I have personally owned two of their products, a SW-5 9mm FS model with the stamped steel receiver (purchased in 2003) and a SW-5 9mm PDW rifle with stamped steel receiver (purchased in 2003).  With both of these rifles, which were purchased new in box from a Special Weapons stocking dealer in Georgia.  With both rifles, I experienced failures to feed and failures to extract.  I had a mixture of factory HK curved 30 round magazines and POF 30 round curved magazines.  The failures were experienced with both rifles.  In addition, at times spent casings would somehow fall into the trigger pack on the rifle.  And many times the failure to feed would cause a bullet to be damaged to the point where I would have to throw it away.  Sometimes the failures would cause a spent case to be crushed by the bolt carrier and require complete disassembly of the rilfe to correct the problem.  Keep in mind that the above behaviors were repeated over 5 separate trips to the range with these rifles.  After that experience, I sold the PDW at a loss and purchase a factory German recoil assembly, extractor and spring (about $90 total) for the SW-5 FS.  After replacing those parts the SW-5 FS was about 98% reliable.  Given that this is a range gun, that was acceptable.

Now, for a comparrison, in 2004, I purchased a SW-5 receiver and the necessary US and imported parts for a custom MP5 build from Big50HK.  That rifle has been 100% reliable.

This is not to say that I would not purchase a SW weapon in the future.  But, I know what I am getting into and will plan accordingly.

Based on the feedback I have read on the web about the V53s from Vector, I personally will wait until the MP5/40/10 is out for a while, and the bugs have been worked out.  But that is my personal opinion.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 1:02:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I too have had mixed experience with SW, but I get sick of people that say they are complete crap when they typically have never owned one....."My cousin's friend had one and it was crap"....that doesn't cut it for me.

I have owned:

1 SW5 cast (I couldn't get this thing NOT to work perfect)

1 SW45 cast....I had to do some tweaking here and there...if I did everything the way I was supposed to, it worked about 95%.

1 SW5 PDW....after changing out a couple extractor springs....works great.

1 SW52 This started as a nightmare, but with about a 500 round break in, no hollow points and it's favorite mags..it runs great now.

Sometimes you have to do some playing to get them work right...and NO, you shouldn't have to do that. I don't mind, because in the end I have a pretty kick ass gun.

Sorry for getting off topic.
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#45]
It is all because of the 10mm Auto round for me.  I have to say it has more than a "little better balistics" than the 9mm - it actually has a little better balistics than the .45 ACP.  I want the power of the 10mm and still want a 10mm Auto even though I know the mags are hard to find and expensive - same with the ammo.  I do this knowing full well the dangers of feeding a 10mm gun.  Also, this is about the only viable 10mm Auto carbine out there.  The Olympic Arms AR style carbine does not count...

Spooky
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/4/2005 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Same question.  No offense to the original commentor.  Hopefully he'll have something to say *other* than "because everyone says he's an asshole."  I'm actually an obejctive listener.

Well...

I own a SW-5 PDW and it never works. I have sent it back to SW twice and they claimed they have fixed it but it still has FTEs in every magazine with all kinds of ammo. I hate it and I am selling it as a parts kit to get an Ohio Rapid Fire MP5.
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 9:26:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
It is all because of the 10mm Auto round for me.  

Same here.  The fact that it's a MP5, (or clone thereof) is almost moot.  If Glock made an equivalent to the CX4 using Glock 20 mags in 10mm for $550 - $600 , I'd not be giving this thing a 2nd thought.  Especially given the reputations behind each (Beretta vs SW).  I haven't heard anything negative about the Storm yet, except that it looks like a freakin super-soaker.  There are damn few 10mm carbines out there.  I've seen a Thompson conversion.  Pretty sexy but the ergonomics of a Tommy don't fit me at all.  I've seen the CCU's you slap on a 1911 or a Glock.  They don't turn me on much.  They just seem cheezy.  That leaves the Oly, and now this.  I've seen one page that references an M1 Carbine conversion to 10mm, but I don't think it's available any more.

Mojo is absolutely on the ball, though.  Mine will likely be SBR'd and used simply as a fun gun bullet hose.  I *would* be smarter & better off to go with the 9mm.
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Email w/ Vector:

> If I send you an MP5A1 end buttcap, would you be will willing to send
> mine papered as a pistol, w/ no fake suppressor, just a naked 3 lug
> 8.875" barrel?
>Are original HK mags going to work, or will it
> require mags of your own manufacture?  If it is the latter, can you project a price on the mags?
> Will your have the original paddle release only, button only, or both?

We are offering all the calibers in four models. pistol, SBR, full length(fake suppressor attached), and PDW like the MP5k.  They will be around $1500.  They will take original mags although we will also sell them.  I have not heard how much they will be yet.  I don't know about mag release yet either.  We still have not seen the prototype.  Later this month.

So, I guess that answers the A1 config & mag question.  Bummer on the MP5A1 config.  The MP5K thing just doesn't do anything for me.
Link Posted: 2/5/2005 9:47:30 AM EDT
[#50]
Um, if they take original, unmodified mags, then it has to have a paddle mag release.  There's no such thing as a side button release on the MP5/10 and 40.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top