Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2004 1:00:09 PM EDT
Does anyone have experience with this Tac-Latch?  Pros & Cons?

www.taclatch.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]
From people who have used both, I hear the HK flap is much better.  However,  After practicing my reloading technique, I found that I could VERY quickly use the button while pullling the charging handle at the same time.  It works great.  

After that, I decided to keep the button and forget the flapper.  YMMV.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
The real paddle release is better but requires drilling and welding to install, then you will have to re-finnish the gun.
The Tac-Latch is the next best thing and easy to install.
Both blow the button release away.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
So would this work with a clipped and pinned lower?  I can't tell whether the shelf that blocks the pin holes on a modified SEF lower would also block this thing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The shelf is located on the receiver.

Clipped and pinned trigger housings work just fine.

Clipping means opening up the front of the full auto housing so it goes around the shelf and it is open where the paddle should be. Thats where the Tac-Latch goes.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:52:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top