Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 2:08:31 PM EDT
Would someone be kind enough to post a parts count for the HK91/G3? I don't see any threads around dealing with 922 issues for these.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:25:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. That was quick.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 3:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
So the short of it looks like I would need to have 7 US parts for a 91 clone build right? The JLD reciever gives me two parts, a JLD (24"?) long barrel would be another, pistol and buttstock would bring it up to five US parts. What else would you suggest? Good suppliers?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Other choices for U.S. parts: buttstock, pistol grip, handguard (Top Notch now has buttstocks and handguards that are very close copies of the originals, in either black or green; JLD furniture sets are functional (sold by SARCO.Inc. or POR-USA)), hammer and sear (Century or Top Notch), charging handle (JLD or Top Notch), and mag parts (follower and floorplate group buy now at the CETME forum of gunboards.com).

Harlan
FAC
www.gunsnstuff.net
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the JLD hammer and sear, very hard metal and well made. That way you can put real HK furniture on it, much better than the US stuff out there.
Even a goofy US made base plate & follower works.

Bill
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys. Top Notch is not too long of a drive away from where I live in AZ so maybe I'll give them a call. Any thoughts on whether the 24" JLD barrel would give me much more range and accuracy over the 18" JLD?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top