Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 7:26:27 AM EDT
ok, i was not informed last year got a cetme did little research found out about ground bolt,looked yes i have a bad bolt......queastion......who or what will fix this....not looking to go to the manufacture or dealer..dont care like the weapon and i will keep it....will a parts kit rifle fix my problems?if a 110.00 kit will fix it im cool. dont orf do rebuilds for cetme rifles?
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:19:06 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
ok, i was not informed last year got a cetme did little research found out about ground bolt,looked yes i have a bad bolt......queastion......who or what will fix this....not looking to go to the manufacture or dealer..dont care like the weapon and i will keep it....will a parts kit rifle fix my problems?if a 110.00 kit will fix it im cool. dont orf do rebuilds for cetme rifles?

buy the parts kit OR buy the bolt head off an auction site or parts place,, i opetd for a parts kit so i could have all the spare springs and small parts,,and to have a spare bolt head.
also if you buy that buy some +4 rollers,,retaining plate ect,,,  a un-ground head will run ya  50$ and up...    so its yer call ,,parts,,or the  single BH.
big 50 does rebuild so should most builders that do HK rebuild's.  you shouldnt need the whole gun rebuilt to replac ethe bolt head,,, it takes all of 5 minutes!
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I am not a gunsmith, but I was wondering how to tell if I have a ground bolt.  My CETME has went through over 1800 rounds (3 cases) and no problems.  Luck of the draw and no bolt problems?

How do I tell?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:11:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I am not a gunsmith, but I was wondering how to tell if I have a ground bolt.  My CETME has went through over 1800 rounds (3 cases) and no problems.  Luck of the draw and no bolt problems?

How do I tell?

gotta measure it,,,,
ya do not need to be a gun smith to change it,,it rotates off the bolt carrier,,which im sure you have taken out while cleaning the rifle,,,correct?!    slap the new one in,,,your done,,, 5 minutes!
how to change  bolthead

try that it will help.

after you pull the head one FAST way to tell if it is ground is to see how shinny it is..also are the edges of it sharp,,they shouldbe bevelled! i dont have the measurements on hand,, butif you vist perro's cetmerifles.com he ha sthe spec's there and  the info on the  bolt take also!

as for 3 cases ..mine was doing well also,, but felt recoil became more noticable,,  also got some small dents on the reciver from the rollers(not an issue) sp swapped out the worn parts(LP and replaced the ground BH with a non ground one) recoil went back down and rifle works great,,it worked well before,, i just  replaced the parts for my own shits and giggles ya could say...
if i was you id check the bolt gap every few 100 rounds(4-500rnds really) check the LP for undo wear,,,, the LP is everythingit goes bad so does your timing ,,,, ya start getting FTF's and FTe's,,,
hope the  link helps,,,and info.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks protus,

I have taken it down many times.  I will check the length, and I really need to check for wear (head spacing).  I have seen people write on this topic and have wondered what they were talking about.  I have a CETME, my brother and a friend also have one and another friend has one of the new black rifles with no noisemaker on the end.  These are all Century sheet metal receivers and other then hitting the mags with a dremmel they all work great.

We have (I know its bad) gone through around 15 boxes of Indian .308, boxes of tracers and many cases of S.B. and Australian.  I have been very satisfied with the rifle and the price made even better.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top