Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/13/2004 7:26:18 PM EDT
I'm looking for someone to do a conversion on my USC to the UMP configuration. This should include cutting the barrel and installing the shockwave muzzle flange (already have my approved Form 1), cutting the appropriate slots and dying the rifle black. I already have the SW UMP lower and when I inqured to one gunsmith that since it's already black and since he wouldn't be refinishing it (his words), would that make a difference in what he usually charges to dye an entire rifle and he stated no. So now he's not going to get it or nothing else for that matter, and I'm looking somewhere else. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd recommend Homeland Defense and Police Supply.  They did a great job on my USC.  The turnaround time was quick, and the gentleman I spoke to (I believe his name is Ed Montana) was very polite and helpful.  Here's a link:

www.hdps.org/prod03.htm

Edited to add... you'll have to cut and past the link because my internet skills are weak.
Edited to correct the name and to thank the poster below for fixing my link.  
Much obliged.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I also recommend Homeland Defense and Police Supply.  They do incredible work.  I'll email you pics.

By the way, the guy's name is ED Montana.  Isn't "Tony Montana" from the movie Scarface?  haha, easy to confuse.

Your turnaround time will be MUCH quicker than going with Top Notch.  Just email Ed and get some pricing from him.  He's very fair.

Good luck!

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:15:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'd recommend Homeland Defense and Police Supply.  They did a great job on my USC.  The turnaround time was quick, and the gentleman I spoke to (I believe his name is Tony Montana) was very polite and helpful.  Here's a link:

www.hdps.org/prod03.htm

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:42:48 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for Ed not Tony at HDPS.

Ed is extremely responsive and a straight shooter from the git go.

Bomber

PS here's mine from Homeland Defense. Title 1 in process!

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I went ahead and e-mailed them and thanks for the replies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:58:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Go with HDPS!!!! They finished my gun in one day and shipped it out the next. And they fixed a few thing I did not even ask them to do.   ED is TOP SHELF when it comes to customer service!!!!
You can't go wrong with him.

JeremyD
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
I still haven't got a reply yet.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:19:39 AM EDT
[#8]
No worries, he goes thru spurts where he replies to a bunch of emails.  Think of it like this, if he's not checking emails he's probably busting a$$ working on rifle orders.  

I'd shoot him one more and wait to hear from him.  If you don't get a reply soon, give him a call.  I think the number listed is his cell phone.

good luck.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#9]
He just about always answers his phone
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:04:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I emailed them twice and have yet to get a reply. Its been 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:46:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I emailed them twice and have yet to get a reply. Its been 3 weeks.

I emailed twice this week to ask general questions and he responded the same day. Make sure you're sending it to the right place because in all my dealings so far, Ed has been "johnny on the spot" with answering questions.

Bomber
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
ED from,  HDPS has e-mailed me back the next day or the same day. Everytime I have  emailed him. This company is the BEST!!!!!!  I would not trust my gun too anyone else.

JeremyD                                                                                  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top