Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 11:07:50 AM EDT
I made a fake can for a guy's SP-10 and it turned out pretty nice. I'm kicking around the idea of making a few if anyone would be interested. I wouldn't be starting for a week or two. It's turned from solid polymere and dyed black....I am looking into some solid black stuff also in the future.
We are making sure the specs are right on so they fit and stay put.....it is held in place by 2 set screws that sit under the handguard area and are tightened through the front ventholes of the handguard. They will sell for $60 which includes priority shipping.

I'm just seeing if there would be interest before I go any further.....I will be posting on a few other sites also....

I added new pictures showing attachment option that will make it stay put for sure.....and looks good too.

[email protected]

freephoto-i.net/thumbnails.php?album=88
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Do some tests that show it won't melt or anything, and I'm in.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:45:04 AM EDT
[#2]
It for sure won't melt. I have made these things before and hade them on .223s. This is just the first one I have made for a specific model of gun that I can make them all the same, then sell.

The beta tester is gonna play around today at the range.....mostly checking to make sure it stays in place....and I am pretty sure that it will.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#3]
I sure wish I'd heard of this for my USC/UMP conversion.  I have a fake can on mine and it's really added a lot of weight to the font end.  I would think the polymer can would be a LOT lighter.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:24:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Funny you mention that.....the USC is next on my list. I just don't have a tester that I can get specs from....I just need measurements, hole locations, etc.....
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish some one would offer to cut off the "flashlight mount" and install a rail instead. None of my surefires will fit and the lights being offered by SpecWeapons are pricey. The gun looks goofy with that long skinny barrel and big empty hole in front
HK_Dude I'm thinking that fake can looks pretty good. It's a step in the right direction. Keep us updated.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I hate the flashlight mount too.  I really wish it attached to a standard rail or something so it was optional.  Whats the price supposed to be on the SW lights?
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Prices were on the old board. But I think they were something like $80 for a "twist to turn on-off" type model and about $200 for a push button\pressue pad type light that wont be availible for awhile. So much for the built in mount "saving us 100s of dollars" .
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#8]
I started a for sale forum....more info added

Go here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top