Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2004 6:17:23 PM EDT
Which would you choose and why?
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#1]
These are my personal opinions from shooting these two rifles. You can take them or leave them.  

Sig 550, love the 33, but its not a sig.   Its the little things that count.

1  Like cleaning, dont have to do it that often 1000 rds and they are still really clean, HK cant touch that.
2. Sights are the same, but Sigs have night sight also.
3. For some reason the Sig just feels like a extension of you while you're shooting.  When I aim with a Sig the bullet just finds the target, unlike anyother rifle.
4. Clear mags that snap together.
5. Swing out trigger gaurd.  Have gloves on during winter shoots, no problem.
6. Too cold to shoot?  Gas value to "open" things up like an FAL.
7. Craftmenship is excellent.
8. Trap door in grip.
9. Simple "ak" design done right.

Things I dont like.
1.  Handguard gets hot, no shield under forarm.
2. Need $$$$$$$$ to own one.
3. Where do you get mags or parts for one?

Hope Sig builds a 550 in the US.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
HK93...

No gas piston -> generally better than a gun that has one...

Roller lock may be more complicated than the AR system, but at least it's not piston-op.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:00:11 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a HK93, but I would love to have a SIG 550.  If you are look for a SIG Vollmer has a 550 for sale for $6,295. Many thousands out of my reach...but it is the cheapest 550 I have seen in a long time.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I just looked at www.strumgewehr.com and Michael Machines is selling SIG 550s for $4,495!!! The price is still high for me, but that is the LOWEST price I have seen.

Chris
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I still wouldn't pay that much for a rifle.  The G36 and the Sig 550 are rifles that are dream rifles for most of us.  But I'd still go with a Sig over a G36.  My SL8 shoots wonderfully, but I'd still have to give the edge to Sig.  More metal less plastic, and a very rugged rifle.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig 550, hands down.  What more could you ask for?  it's like the difference between a swiss watch and a german one.  

Of course, I have eliminated that question for me, as I love .308 battle rifles and have a G3K instead.  :-)
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
No contest...Sig 550 wins hands down! The 93 is a decent gun, but no more than that as far as I'm concerned (I much prefer the M4)...and I have owned four and carried one 53 for several months. The Sig...which I have shot, but not "lived with", was...IMO... much the better gun, and, perhaps more importantly at today's unbelievable prices, the better investment as well.

JMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top