Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2004 9:28:00 AM EDT
I know the PTR91's barrel is pressed into the receiver.. I want to throw a flash hider on it after september 13th and was wondering who could do this and do it right?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#1]
 I've already talked to my gunsmith on this exact same thing, and he has assured me that all it takes is to chuck the barrel into his vise and some work with the right size tap & die set to add threads to the end of the barrel. (he claims under a half hour to do it right) I picked up a G3 orig. flash hider last week to screw onto it the evening of the 14th after he works the barrel. Can't wait for the 14th.. also adding a tele-stock that evening.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 9:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking getting mine turned down to not so much a heavy barrel.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#3]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v429/TimDawg/0021_19A.jpg I got my brake from Jayson at IGF. It's pressed on and pinned. No theading $50 labor and $40 for the brake. No negative effect on accuracy. He also carries flash hiders,US made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top