Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2004 6:59:41 PM EDT
just wondering about the quality of these rifles never handled one are they worth the price
any knowledg is apreciated
Link Posted: 7/20/2004 8:02:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I belive they are very good builds.. I have handled a few examples, and talked to the rep at Knob Creek.. They were very nice...
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I fired a friend's V53 about 6 months ago and loved it.  The recoil was very light.  I finally took the plunge and placed a V53 order the other day.  They are without fail some of the nicest and most helpful people in the gun manufacturing business.  They let you specify which kind of barrel extension (thin compensator or thicker fake suppresor) you'd like.  Vector says that my order probably shipped today so it looks like Tuesday will be the big day.  I can't wait to get them.  I have different handguards (2 Surefire rail handguards & 1 HK Adapter for K Grip), rail covers (some olive some black) vertical grips (1 longer black one from KAS, 1 olive short one from TDI, 1 HK K grip)  trigger housings (1 will keep the blk navy lower, 1 gets the blk plastic SEF and the 3rd a olive green navy lower), stocks for after the AWB (A3 collapsible, Ace AKFX folder, Choate side folder) and red dot sights waiting for each gun.
Link Posted: 7/27/2004 10:13:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Accomplice...you'll have to post pics when you get your rifles.  I'm thinking about still buying one of the V53s.

ARCAPTN
Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:50:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Accomplice...you'll have to post pics when you get your rifles.  I'm thinking about still buying one of the V53s.

ARCAPTN

The rifles are at my dealer.  I'll be able to pick them up tomorrow.  In the mean time here's a pic of all the parts waiting to get popped onto the three V53s (stocks only after the AW Ban expires of course)...
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/7396MVC-003S-med.JPG

Link Posted: 8/5/2004 6:51:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Stocks: Ace AKFX, POF A3, Choate (for after the AW Ban)
Mounts: Tapco 'tactical' HK mounts w/ very basic red dots
Trigger Housings: Black Navy-coming on V53s, Green Navy & Black SEF pictured
Hand Guards: HK 'K' Grip w/ Adapter, 2 Surefire Rail System Hand Guards, black & olive rail covers
Grips: TDI short olive green, black KAC M4 style

One More
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/7396MVC-005S-med.JPG
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 12:48:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2004 12:59:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ARCAPTN

The rifles are at my dealer.  I'll be able to pick them up tomorrow.  In the mean time here's a pic of all the parts waiting to get popped onto the three V53s (stocks only after the AW Ban expires of course)...
www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/7396MVC-003S-med.JPG

Now here's a man with a plan. Love the "waiting room" you've lined up for yourself. Gonna have some real beauties. No need to say this, but I will.

POST PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edited to add: In my excitement, didn't see the completed photo above. Sa-weeeet!
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
These appear to be really good guns.  I haven't made a range trip yet.  They arrived pretty much bone dry and the action on one was kind of tough.  I broke 'em down and lubed the bajesus out of them last night.  The action is loosened up a bit on all.  Swapping out all of the parts was a little time consuming.  I ordered some 30 inch cases for them (sure hope the ban ends so they'll fit).

Edit: Tweakeded The Pic Above...
Link Posted: 8/8/2004 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Accomplice, if you don't mind saying, what did those set you back each?

Stock price.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 6:09:03 AM EDT
[#10]
The rifles?  $1147 each. plus transfer fee of $25 and lots of $ on accessories.  No more gun spending for me for a long time.
Link Posted: 8/9/2004 7:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The rifles?  $1147 each. plus transfer fee of $25 and lots of $ on accessories.  No more gun spending for me for a long time.

Where'd you order them from?

That's the lowest price I've ever seen for a V53.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:34:54 AM EDT
[#12]
My dealer ordered them for me and just had me pay him a transfer fee.  See if your local dealer will do that for you.

More pics:
http://www.gunsnet.net/album/data//500/7396MVC-012S-med.JPG
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:36:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/12/2004 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#15]
BOIOIOINGG!!! ..........Ouch!!  My chair sits too close to the bottom of my desk for me to be lookin at these pics!!

I've been thinking about getting either one of the vector 53's or an RF 53.  Of course that would mean no aimpont and other goodies I had planned for my AR I recently bought..

Are these rifles FA sear compatble?  I thought they werent.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 6:31:18 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I think I remember a poster at hkpro saying that he put a registered sear pack in his.  Mine are staying semi-auto.  I'm taking them all out to put them through their paces at two carbine classes this weekend.  I'll let you know how they run in semi-auto on Monday.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 10:58:47 AM EDT
[#17]

They most certainly are.  There's absolutely nothing to prevent a registered sear pack from being used on a V53.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

They most certainly are.  There's absolutely nothing to prevent a registered sear pack from being used on a V53.

Awesome.  just imagine the potential..........  Now I just need about what$10k for a sear?  i havent checked to see what the price has gone up to lately.
Link Posted: 8/13/2004 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#19]
are the uzi's they offer just as good i read a post that emplied the werent and i was interested in one of those also
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
are the uzi's they offer just as good i read a post that emplied the werent and i was interested in one of those also

They're good. Held in high regard by the folks over at Uzi talk.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:46:09 AM EDT
[#21]
I took all three V53s with me to a tactical carbine class this past weekend.  I grabbed one and couldn't quite get it zeroed in.  Then we started doing some shooting from various positions and one by one each V53 failed to feed reliably.  An hour into the 2 day course, I had to switch over to a heavy ass, unslung Krebs KTR03V.  It may be a mag issue or something else.  Vector will be solving this issue for me.  On the second day I tried using the 40 rd. mags loaded with only 20 rds. thinking they might work.  But when I pulled the trigger, I heard way more 'clicks' than 'bangs'.  We fired about 800 rounds through the course of the class.  Even my Krebs failed about 30 minutes before the class ended when mags wouldn't seat right after a part inside the bottom of the receiver worked loose.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:55:33 AM EDT
[#22]
so your saying that all 3 failed in an hour?  
If thats so WTF is that all about.  I was seriously looking at them
for my next toy but wow I'm not all about 100% failure rate.
Please update soon as you get more info.

Thanks
Wolf
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:26:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep, all three had issues in the first hour.  Everybody kept telling me how mad I should be.  I was pretty disappointed but I've owned a few clone guns that needed tinkering so, though it sucked royally, it didn't faze me all that much.  We'll see what Vector can do for me on a solution.  For what its worth, I shot one of these a few months ago and had zero issues with it.  The guy who owns it loves it and I hear the same kind of glowing reports from others about the Vector products.  I'm sending them all back so that they can get them de-bugged and working properly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 6:31:00 AM EDT
[#24]
please IM or email me with the results.  
Thanks

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 11:57:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I'll post a follow up report once I get them back.  Vector won't even get them from UPS until 8/23.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#26]
ok sounds good.  Thanks for info.  BTW are these the same ones that ohio somebody or another are selling?

Wolf
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
are these the same ones that ohio somebody or another are selling?
Wolf

Clones of the same guns, Yes.  But not made by Vector.  Ohio Rapid Fire  makes all of them themselves.  I know a guy who has a Fal made by them and swears by it I've never read a bad review about them either, but I dont know anything about their HK guns.

www.ohiorapidfire.com/hk.htm
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 12:21:59 PM EDT
[#28]
yup thats them,
They all look the same,  like someone else makes them and both these compaines rebrand them as ther own?
You sure ohio makes there's?  any feed back on theirs?

Wolf

Link Posted: 8/17/2004 2:28:15 PM EDT
[#29]
pretty sure they make them, but then again, I've been wrong before.....
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Ohio Rapid Fire once used rewelded Century receivers for their 93/53 clones, now they use Vector V53 receivers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:22:43 AM EDT
[#31]
The early feedback from Vector on the first gun is that the aftermarket olive green navy lower may have allowed the trigger pack to sit crooked and low. The bolt gap was also found to be a bit small so oversized rollers have been installed. They're charging a very reasonable rate to modify the trigger housing to correct its issues. I should know the complete scoop on the issues and post-mod test firing for this gun and the other two V53s by tomorrow. I'll post an update once I hear back from them. I'm very pleased that they jumped on the fixes so quickly. It looks like it'll be only a 2-3 day turnaround.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top