Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2004 9:37:13 AM EDT
Can anyone say how hard it is to build up from a kit? Maybe compared to an AR15 or AKM? Thanks Taipan
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:22:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Here is a basic set of directions:

http://www.smcomp.com/~smurph/G3-build.html
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 1:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]
If the above instructions don't seem to help. I own the AGI video on how to build one from a kit. Unless you have some machining and TIG welding skills, you may want to leave this build up to the pro's. They don't go together easily like an AR15. I am also in the process of building a clone. Though I have never dealt with any of these guys personally, the common consenses are that these builders listed below do outstanding work and also provide great customer service.

(In no particular order)

Ohio Rapid Fire (ORF)
Investment Grade Firearms (IGF)
Arizona Expert Arms (AZEX)
Arizona Precision Arms

I'm not pushing either one of these guys, but be aware that Ohio Rapid Fire has been doing a lot of group builds for ARFCOM members and additionally have quite the presence in these forums. I encrourage you, should you decide to have one built, to give all these guys a fair shakedown as you won't be dissapointed with whomever you choose.

HTH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top