Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2004 9:31:37 PM EDT
I am looking to own an as authentic as posible HK mp5 that is not full auto, I know HK made a MP5 navy modekl that was just a semi - safe model.  Are these even around for civilians to purchase and if so how much are they?  any help you guys can provide would be greatly appriciated!

~CoLd
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 11:21:48 AM EDT
[#1]
What you  want is an HK94.  This is the semiautomatic version of the MP5.  It was imported from 1983 to 1989.  They are still around.  There are a few for sale right now at www.gunsamerica.com.

The main differences from a real MP5 are 1) the barrel is 16" to comply with federal law as opposed to the 8.85" barrel of a real MP5, and 2) the receiver has been mofified so that you can't attach a full auto trigger group to it.

HK 94s are pretty expensive, because only about 15,000 of them were imported prior to the 1989 import ban.  An HK94 in close to new condition will cost  from $3,500 to $4,000.  A cheaper alternative is a clone, such as an SW5 or BW5.  These cost about $1,500, and are of FAR lower quality than a real HK94.  I personally wouldn't own one.  There are companies, like Ohio Rapid Fire, that will work on these to get them closer to an HK94 both functionally and cosmetically, but they're still several steps below the real thing.

BTW, the Navy model you mentioned is called the MP5-N.  It is the submachine gun currently issued to Navy SEALS.  It differs from the standard MP5 in that it has a threaded muzzle, and a 3-position selector rather the 4-position selector commonly found on modern MP5s.
www.hkpro.com
If you want to learn more about MP5s and HK94s, a good place to start is www.hkpro.com.

If I told you a bunch of stuff you already knew, I apologize.  I'm not entirely sure what your question was.  If I didn't answer it, let me know and I'll try again.
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 1:35:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, that was exactly what  I was looking for.  If you noticed I posted the same question on HKpro

thanks again

CoLd
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The safe and fire lower is the FBI lower not Navy.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
ARDOC,

Is correct.
The FBI trigger group is a semi-auto trigger group that was installed on FBI weapons.
They were installed on FBI MP-5's using the full-auto receivers that accept the front and rear
push-pins.
Most HK collectors that use this trigger group have converted the FBI trigger groups to fit
on the semi-auto receivers that use the front shelf and rear push-pin.
Best regards,

Frank
POF-USA  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top