Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 2:55:21 AM EDT
H&K wants upwards of $600.00 to replace the barrel but I don't believe that i want to pay that for the cheapest contractor for that run of barrels.  
Looking for someone to put a Douglas or other premium barrel in my reciever.  
Help!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]

You can check and see if Terry Dyer is still doing HK work.
TERRY DYER (309) 473-3377

Or try
http://www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/smith/hk/pagesmithhk.htm

There are some US made barrels out there for the G3 parts guns, but I have no idea what the quality of those are.

You're going to pay big bucks just to have a barrel made from a quality blank. (if you can find someone to do it)

BTW, the other part of the reason you pay big bucks for a barrel change is because of the  fixtures required to do it correctly.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea, I know.  Bucks is bucks but I would at least like to know that I have a good barrel if I'm going to spend that kind of money.

I wasn't trying to be cheap, just wanted to get all of the bang for my bucks.

Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Well, you can run into Terry at Knob Creek in April if you want to talk to him in person.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top