Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/9/2003 5:04:18 PM EDT
I sent the following letter to HK.  If they hear from us (hopefully even if they don't) then maybe we will start to see some new civilian rifles with the building of this new plant *crosses fingers and hopes*

I addressed it to the VP pictured in the groundbreaking on their site, but you could address it to anybody, or nobody in particular.  Obviously you'll want to not copy my letter for word, but take the gist of it.

And finally,e ven if you disagree with some of the things I've said about their guns, I hope we can all agree we want to see more HK civilian rifles in the states!

Peter Simon, VP
Heckler & Koch
21480 Pacific Blvd.
Sterling, VA  20166-8903

Subject: HK's large civilian market in the US

Dear Mr. Simon:

I have recently learned that Heckler & Koch are building a new factory in the United States.  Congratulations.  I wanted to take this opportunity to thank your corporation for the way you have in the past supported the legitimate civilian market in the US.  HK has had a history of providing fine shooting tools to Americans, even when it seemed that some desired it not to be so.  For example, Heckler & Koch introduced the SL8-1 and USC rifles, even though it seemed likely that their importation would be quickly banned.  Further, I want to stress that HK may have one of the most impressive followings of all major manufacturers of small arms.  Witness not only the number of sites on the Internet dedicated to fine Heckler & Koch firearms, but the number of replica and built-from-parts guns on the market.  Original HK firearms like the HK9x series command premium prices.

With the building of this new plant in the United States, I trust that import restrictions will not be so much of a wall to Heckler & Koch.  I strongly encourage you to consider once again making your fine rifles—legendary for their construction and reliability, as well as their aesthetics—available on the American market.  On a more personal note, the HK94 is in my opinion one of the finest 9mm rifles ever made.  As I was too young to purchase one when they were being manufactured and imported, I look forward very much to that day that I can buy a domestically produced HK94 of my own.

With best regards,

James Blachly
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:11:20 PM EDT
[#1]
This ain't a bad idea.

I'll do this. AFTER finals.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 10:18:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd also like them to try and make a stainless P7 in the U.S., like Interarms did with the PPK.  If they could lower the price a couple hundred, they could maybe sell enough to make it worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top