Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 8:51:45 AM EDT
Howdy.

Any ideas about reducing the length of the SW G36 stock kit for the SL8?

I'm not sure if Covington is still doing any stock work, so any suggestions?  I've heard some say you can swap the SW stock with a factory C stock. Anyone try this?  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

H
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 10:08:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I do believe the Covington is still doing the conversion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2003 11:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You are correct sir!  Just got an e-mail from him.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember that some people were removing the rubber but pad and cutting off the "plastic fins" that sit under the rubber, and smoothing that area out. It shortened it by 3/4" or so.
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I noticed the fins and thought about trimming them too. However, how to re-affix the pad without having to epoxy it on? Do they cut half the length of the fins and trim down the pad? Or cut off all the fins and squeeze the edges of the pad over the edges of the stock?

The "Covingtonization" will take care of it for me, but it's always nice to have options.

Link Posted: 12/9/2003 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I believe they were completely removing the fins and smoothing the rear of the butt...not adding the pad/cover back on.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I was thinking of a way of possibly avoiding the covington conversion, to save money and time. So I pondered remounting the rubber pad. However, if you look at the covington conversion, it really does improve the asthetic of the rifle. The SW stock hinge is a little clunky. So in the end, to make it useable with my factory optics AND the asthetics, it was worth the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top