Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2003 4:07:15 PM EDT
Do HK like wolf ammo?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 12:10:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Not really...the steel doesn't expand in the fluting like brass does. It has been known to get stuck.

Link Posted: 9/22/2003 4:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I shoot alot of wolf through my 53
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 3:47:12 PM EDT
[#4]
YES HE DOES, Heres HKJAY and his V53

And Wolf is all we shoot in my G36'S

HKJAY

ME AND JAY

We use Wolf, because we shoot alot!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Larry,
 I heard that you rent out full autos?  Whats the going rate and is there an AR15.con discount?  Would love to shoot a G36!!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 7:35:15 PM EDT
[#6]

I hear people shoot Wolf on their HK, and have no problem.

I, myself, don't like to shoot Wolf out of my transferable HK.
Link Posted: 10/15/2003 1:12:05 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hehehe, what mojo don't know won't hurt him... when he wasn't looking we ran cases of Wolf through his MP5SD at Gunstock!  Bwahahahahaha...
Link Posted: 10/16/2003 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hehehe, what mojo don't know won't hurt him... when he wasn't looking we ran cases of Wolf through his MP5SD at Gunstock!  Bwahahahahaha...

AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
why would you spend mucho $$$ on an H&K and then run cheap wolf crap through it, and potentially jeopardize it?

No offense againt wolf; i use not but wolf through my AK, but thats because it is designed for it and it's a cheap (easily replaced) gun.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#10]
I have an HK USP .45 Compact that REALLY didnt like Wolf ammo.  Locked the slide about 1/16th of an inch short of going into battery.  Did it three times in about 30 rounds and I quit using it. The third time I had to use a hammer to get the slide to go all the way forward. But the rest of the Wolf I had - even from the same box-shot fine in my GI M-1911A1.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 2:38:06 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I think I can safley field this one for larry.. Those 36's obviously aren't transferables. ;) Also, the reason the fluting is there in roller locked hk's is to make the rounds eiser to extract. So provided the round is loaded right, the recoil of it should be the only thing making the carrier cycle.. The only 'HK's I've heard of or seen are NOT HK or hk licensed barrels.. Like SW's.. The chamber fluts are often too far out of spec and improperly cut, making them hang onto cases.

As for the V53, is it semi or does it have a registered sear? BTW: You gotta let me shoot it sometime.... PLEASE!!! :D I'm thinking about sending a 91 clone off to jayson @ igf and have him make it a 51... lol :)
Link Posted: 11/1/2003 6:03:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
A QUALITY firearm will shoot any ammo!

A gun designed for steel case?  Really? And what unique parameters would that require?  Chrome chamber?  Certainly a good idea but the Mosin Nagant never had it and has shot many millions of rounds of steel case.  Same for the 1911 (WWII issue was often steel cased.) or my Thompson.  Adequate chamber size?  Decent extractor?

Damage a transferable HK - how?  Wear a barrel?  So does any other ammo.  That can be replaced - the receiver is the registered part.  You shoot it, the barrel wears.  Any gun, any ammo.  The only HK rifle extraction issue I have ever had has been an aftermarket barrel that was not made right.

I'm sure if I buy high priced ammo my barrel wear wwill be less as I can't afford to shoot it nearly as much - duh.  Side note - much hunting ammo is unsuitable for machine guns!  Primers are MORE sensitive and not crimped in place.  CAN lead to slam fires and blown primers, both of which CAN lead to a KB.  From that one MIGHT make a case to ONLY shoot surplus or Wolfe.
I have found Wolfe less consistent than top quality ammo - duh!  Still good enough for man sized targets at reasonable range.  If you want a sniper round, handload it.  Buy the cheap Wolfe and PRACTICE.  (If your gun is of adequate quality to shoot it!)

Right now, Wolfe is second choice in .308 because there is still plenty of cheaper surplus on the order of $.12 a round.

A quality firearm may shoot any ammo...but do you want to subject your quality firearm to substandard ammo?

It's not the fact that it's steel cased; it's the face that Wolf has had a lot of failures. You haven't experienced one; nor have I...and I don't intend to, because I don't shoot Wolf ammo.

I have some Wolf ammo...and I shoot it only in my post-ban SAR-2. If that blows up..oh well. I buy another. Or send off my two bulgie kits, and build another.

If I got some Wolf 9mm...it wouldn't be going anywhere near my HK94. Bastard's hard enough to clean as it is, without worrying about laquer and sealant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top